Monday, November 08, 2004

Weekend in OH

Friday afternoon I got off work at noon. I had only had a mocha that morning so I was coming down off my caffeine high and STARVING. When we got home I finished packing and Eric went to grab lunch. I also took some pics of Godiva to show the girls this weekend. (I'll try to post some this week) Anyway, I left our house at 1:00 to head to OH. The drive over was pretty uneventful. It was a long 4 hours with little sleep from the night before. I spent a lot of time on the phone to keep myself awake. I got to Samara's at 4:50 and she wasn't home yet, but she arrived shortly there after. After the tour we headed to town to grab dinner (breakfast style) at Bob Evans and do some shopping for stuff for the shower. We also stopped by her husband's parents house to pick up the cake, which was absolutely adorable. Jennifer picked up Danialle at the airport and they got to Samara's just a few minutes after we did. I think we were all exhausted, but we stayed up until about midnight before retiring to bed.

Saturday morning we all slept in a little later than anticipated, but everything worked out fine. We took turns getting ready and preparing food. Guests started arriving at 12:00 and we ate shortly there after. We played a few games and had a blast. I think Jennifer got some really great gifts and everyone had a great time. After the shower and cleaning up everything, we headed to Jennifer's to see the nursery and drop all her gifts off. Then we headed to this mexican place for dinner. It was very good except as usual it didn't sit well with me, so as soon as we got to Babies R' Us I headed to the "back of the store". Then we shopped around and helped Jennifer pick out things she still needed for Grace's arrival. When we got back to Jennifer's house we got in our pajamas and started helping her put together her stroller/carseat combo. That's going to be a sweet ride for Grace! We played a game of Phase 10, which I ended up winning after being down 4 phases. Then we headed to bed.

We got up early Sunday morning as Danialle had to be at the airport by 7:30. I headed back home and made it home in just over 3 hours. (Yes, I drove fast) I even made a breakfast stop and a gas stop. When I got home Eric needed some alone time from the doggies, so I spent the afternoon running around chasing the dogs and playing with them. Godiva and I even had a nap together. Later last evening my nanny and papaw stopped by to bring me my pants she hemmed and of course to see Godiva. We spent the evening just relaxing (and chasing the puppy). I guess that isn't real relaxing, but it was still fun.

Overall it was a good weekend. I got to see my girls. Next time I see Jennifer I'll be seeing Grace, too. Yay!

No comments: