Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Nothing too exciting happening with me these days, thus the lack of posts. I'm finally done with my old job and can concentrate fully on my new job come Monday. Thank goodness after the Turkey holiday. It's been a little hectic b/c I've been trying to do as much as I can to help my now old boss since she will be returning on Monday from being on medical leave the last 4 weeks. I think I did all I could. It was really a struggle this week to stay motivated knowing it was my last week, but I managed.

They informed me yesterday that come Monday they'd really start training me hard core, which is fine with me. I've been bored the last few weeks although I'm sure that will pick up, too.

On Turkey day I'm going to really get down and clean the house good. Eric will probably help some, but I will probably be a little on the anal side while cleaning. I hope to drink some Asti while I'm cleaning, too. We've decided to go to my mom's side's family thing on Friday for at least a few hours. I debated it for a while now and decided we should since we definitely won't be seeing them at Christmas this year. Saturday my dad's side and Eric's parents and sister will be at our house. I'm super excited about that. Unfortunately we forgot to put the monster turkey in the fridge to thaw, so right now its in the sink and may be there all of tomorrow, too. (I forgot last year, too until the last minute and froze my hands trying to get the inerds out!) We also bought a real turkey roasting pan today from BBB. Target had one in their add for $8 and of course they sold out so we've been checking back every day. Then yesterday we got an ad from BBB w/ a $5 coupon, so we headed there today. We found one for $19.99 minus the $5 coupon, plus a $10 rebate, so we got a nice roaster for a whopping $5.99. Woo hoo! Now I don't have to worry about my grandpa dumping turkey juices all over the cabinet and floor and his shoes with the flimpsy foil pans. Sunday my mom (and possibly new boyfriend) and my sisters are coming up for the afternoon. Mom's bringing the turkey and desserts, so that's a load off. I'm hoping to get to meet her new boyfriend I've heard so much about and they'll get to see us and our new puppy.

Speaking of the new puppy... Godiva was/is doing really well. She does really good then regresses a bit then does good again. The last few days she thinks when Eric is in the bathroom w/ the door closed that it means she should do #2 on the floor. She's been good about that with me except for 1 accident today, but I wasn't paying attention to her either so that was my fault. She still is mean and bites constantly, but is getting better. She pretty much only minds Eric right now, but I can't expect too much b/c I'm not home w/ her much. It saddens me a bit b/c even though it's "our" dog, she's sorta "my" dog and I don't really get to be with her, train her, bond w/ her, stuff like that. I guess I'll take what I can get. I wonder if that will happen when we have kids, too... That scares me a little.

Anyway, hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving. I'll try to update over the weekend at some point.

No comments: