Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Job

So I started my job yesterday full time. The afternoons are much busier than the mornings around here. Nothing too exciting happening though really.

A bit about the people I work with:

M - Interim Office Coordinator right now and will most likely become permanent. He is also a youth pastor or something at his church. He's a bit older. (He has kids my age) Seems like an alright guy, but he does have a bit of an ego. Not sure why though unless its just the fact he's been in the department for like 5 years and did my job for 4 of those years. Maybe he's just being a know-it-all.

G - She is over Admissions. She is a level lower than me for whatever reason. She is a super nice lady. I think she likes her job but does have some resentment that she is a level lower than me. And to make matters worse the campus paper put out a thing today that shows every single person's salaray (I'm not kidding when I say everyone), so I'm sure she checked mine. I know I checked hers. I make about $2 more/hour than her. She seems to be really religious. It came up that she does not acknowledge Halloween. I just ignored it.

We have 5 student workers in our office and they all seem to be pretty good people.

I seem to be really slow right now. (Obviously since I'm updating my blog at work) I hope it gets much busier as this is going to be really boring if it's the case. Maybe after I learn more about the job I will be busier. Let's hope. I did have one catastrophe yesterday. I keep a calendar of the prof that meets w/ students regarding their classes and stuff. Well, yesterday being my first day I had to mess something up. I accidentally scheduled some students an hour before the prof was actually supposed to be here and didn't realize it until 2 had already shown up. Oops. Good thing I can blame it on being new. Wonder how long I can use that excuse?

No comments: