Thursday, March 31, 2005

My Mom

If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time or know me in person you know that I have not had the best relationship w/ my mom. We've had some REALLY hard times. There was even a few years I barely talked to her at family get-togethers. Recently they seem to be getting much better. We, of course, went to Chicago in mid-March and spent the entire day together. We didn't fight once and really enjoyed each other's company. I was a little worried about going w/ her at first b/c I figured I might end up leaving her in Chicago, but that was just not the case. Surprisingly she even paid a good portion of my haircut! This is the same lady who didn't give Christmas presents for a few years! So we've decided to get together more often. Wow! I'm still a little taken back and guarded, but I'm letting my guard down more all the time. She has finally figured out how to use her computer after a year of collecting dust and is figuring out the whole IM stuff. We talk almost daily now and even talk on the phone sometimes on the weekend. This really makes me happy and I just hope it stays this way and our relationship keeps getting stronger.

1 comment:

Dooneybug said...

I wish you the best on things with your mom. I have issues with my mother but she lives 1,300 miles away from me so it's difficult to work on them. I think mother/daughter relationships can be the most difficult ones to figure out!

If you haven't heard John Mayer's song Daughters, go have a listen. The lyrics really touched me and they are so true (I have a ass for a father - I mean sperm donor - unfortunetly as well). I've learned from my both of their mistakes so if any thing good comes of our realtionships, that's a big one.