Monday, March 21, 2005

Weekend Update

As you know Friday I had surgery on my gums. Overall it went pretty well. I was in the office about 1 hour. We picked up my prescriptions on the way home and I iced 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off for the first 4 hours. Eric left around 5 to head to a Pacers game (he won suite tickets). I'm sure he felt bad about going, but I told him to go. My stepmom Peg came up shortly after 6 and visited for a little while. After she left I was exhausted but couldn't go to bed b/c Godiva kept getting up and down. I finally headed to bed around 11 pm. Eric got home around midnight. I was so glad to get some sleep although I didn't sleep great. I was worried about laying on my right side even though I never lay on that side. Thankfully I didn't have any swelling or bruising. It is a little uncomfortable b/c it feels like I have a piece of food or something in my cheek b/c of the packing material they put over it. Its sorta like a piece of gum squished literally super-glued to my gum. I'm certain it will fall out before my 2-week follow-up to get the stitches out, but they said it might.

Saturday I slept in a while. I was a little sore, but I think it's mostly b/c I hadn't has any naproxen since the night before. We didn't do much during the day. Eric ran some errands and picked up Subway for lunch, which was very difficult to eat. My brother and his wife came up Saturday evening and we went out to eat at Olive Garden. Dinner was much easier to eat as I got a chicken bread and fettucine noodles in a white wine sauce. It was good.

Yesterday we had a pretty unproductive day. We went to the gym and had an awesome workout, but that's about all we did the rest of the day. Eric left about 3:30 for Chicago. I spent the evening letting Godiva in and out and finally headed to bed around 11:30. (I got involved in a movie)

today I got up around 6 w/ Godiva and fought w/ her for about an hour then called Eric to make sure he was up (not that I thought he'd sleep in). I stayed home today since Eric took the car and we aren't really busy at work. Now its the sit and wait game this morning. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll update if I find anything out, but we probably won't know anything today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica, I must have missed it somewhere, but what is it that you are waiting to find out today? Are you getting news about baby?