Monday, March 07, 2005

Will this day EVER end???

To start off my day, good ol' Aunt Flo arrives with a big hello. That was no big deal really. But it kept getting worse and worse.

To make one long story short, my youngest sister L who has been in and out of trouble for a while now ran away from her dad's last week. They found her Saturday hiding at my mom's. The cop put her in the car then went in to ream my mom for not turning her in and while she was doing that L was outside taking several of this prescription medicine she was on to try to OD. Now she wasn't actually trying to OD or she would have taken the whole bottle, but they did take her to the hospital. (This was Saturday night) I got a call on Sunday telling me what was going on. Today I get a call saying she is going to some psyciatric hospital down on the IN/KY border. She is not psychotic. She is a 16 yr. old kid who is defying every rule to get attention b/c neither of her parents are around. Oh, but I'm not a doctor, right. Their diagnosis is Bipolar disorder. Don't get me started.

As I'm waiting after work for Eric to pick me up, I get another phone call. This time it was my stepmom telling me that Sister K is in the hospital b/c she had a rupture (she's 25 wks. pregnant) She will be in the hospital on bedrest til she either has the baby or loses it. They don't know yet what will happen. Apparently she had a "gush" Friday night, slight bleeding Saturday, little more bleeding Sunday and finally decided it might be a good idea to go to the hospital/doctor this morning. She is high-risk pregnancy anyway and has a 5 lbs weight restriction, which I know she doesn't follow. My god its a miracle she even got pregnant. Yet lets wait 3 days before we go to the doctor when we have a "gush" and bleeding that gets worse. That's is all I know about her right now, but I'll update when I find out more.

Damn, damn, damn. I think I need a drink before I go to bed! For now, I'm off to the gym to break my neck on the treadmill.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a crappy day. Hopefully everything will work itself out. You'd think K would be more careful considering everything. I do hope she and the baby are ok though.