Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Bad, The Good & The Ugly (yes, in that order)

The Bad
So yesterday morning I met with an advisor regarding my admission... Come to find out, their website is misleading and they do no offer the degree I want to pursue and my second choice is only offered as a minor. I'm not exactly sure what to do now. I guess I'm going to now. I have to do some more research and some thinking and see what I come up with.

The Good
Also I had a doctor's appt yesterday. This was to meet a new GP in hopes that we like him and he would be our PCP. And he passed with flying colors. I got a physical and while I was talking to him told him I would like to get a CBC for a clean bill of health and also get my thyroid checked b/c 1) hypo runs in my family and 2) it could be a cause of my IF. He wondered why my OB never checked it and I agreed that it seemed stupid. The next words that came out of his mouth were... "And you will get a copy in the mail next week of the results". I was just getting ready to ask about how I found out the results. Wow! I did ask if I could pick them up Monday or Tuesday since I was going to the RE on Wednesday. He said sure. Eric got 2 moles checked out and we scheduled him to get them removed mid-December. We headed down to the lab to get my blood drawn. So after 3 1/2 years up here, we have finally found a PCP that we can call if we get a cold or have minor health issues. Woohoo!

The Ugly
Unfortunately I had a reaction to the bandaid and the bend of my left arm is sore and red. The dot where they took blood is fine, just where the bandaid was. Ugh!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I have an adhesive allergy too...it's the pits! There is a paper tape that most doctor's offices have that isn't so bad. Maybe next time you can ask for that. In the mean time, Benadryl will help with the redness and itch.

Good luck at the RE's!

Anonymous said...

I'm also amazed that your thyroid hasn't been checked yet! Glad to hear you found a physician that you like.

As for the band-aid...I always ask for them to use gauze to wrap the area. Then I don't have to deal with ripping all my arm hair off. They seem to oblige to my request!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday E!

cat said...

Have the same allergy to bandaids. It might be the latex. I bring a stash of my own non latex bandaids now.

Happy Holiday!