Friday, November 04, 2005

Some Bad News

Got a call last night that my uncle is not doing very well. He is on dialysis, but only a few months ago found out he has cancer. It is fast growing and I believe is now consuming him. He decided on Wednesday that he was done doing dialysis or anything else. He has basically just given up. The hospice people came yesterday and went through a stack of papers with them. They were supposed to take him to the hospital this morning for his final days and so its not so hard on my aunt but they don't have a bed for him, so now they ar waiting on call to say bring him in. My aunt is holding up ok right now, but I'm sure she's trying to be strong for him. I feel so bad for her. So tonight we are going to town to see him. I'm actually glad that we get to see him at home rather than at the hospital, but it's sad to know that I might not see him after tonight. He is declining VERY fast. He has lived a long and happy life, so that I am thankful for.

2 comments:

April said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

cat said...

So sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my thoughts. May you all find peace surrounding this.