Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Therapy #9

Fairly boring session this time. We talked about the holidays. I told her about the drama at my aunt's with my mom and youngest sister. She seemed to think I handled it well. And especially when I told her about how I handled the "day after" calling saying sorry, blah, blah, blah. I tried to be patient with my mom, but she thinks she is the only one grieving my brother's death. Hell Thanksgiving wasn't easy for me, but I was thankful I got to spend it with my family. That's what Matt would have wanted. I think mom got my point and she's probably mad at what I said, but I don't even care. She is doing nothing to grieve Matt's death. She's drugged up on prescrips and god knows what else that she is self perscribing. Anyway, she (therapist) said she thought I handled it well and I seemed to be finding my boundaries. She gave me a book to read on different kinds of boundaries that I should be setting. I'm actually anxious to start reading it.

We also talked about some issues that Eric & I have. A lot of them are b/c of the crap we are dealing with in trying to get pregnant. Some stem back to when I was younger. Next time we are going to start working on those and getting to the core of them so I can be the best wife I can be. I'm a bit nervous b/c she said she'd like to pray with me next time. I don't know if she expects to get something out of it or what. I'm open to it, just a little nervous.

No comments: