Monday, November 28, 2005

Eating, Decorating, and a Little Drama

So we survived Thanksgiving. Wednesday I was allowed to get off work at 3 (2 hours early), however Eric had his guitar lessons, so I kicked back in my office and chatted with my sister for about 45 minutes while I waited on him. I was not about to "work". hee hee For dinner we met up with both of my younger sisters and had mexican. Of course it upset all of our stomachs, but it was still yummy. We came home and my sisters went back to Ash's dorm and we kicked back on the couch.

Thursday, Thanksgiving day, we got up and got ready early while watching the Macy's Parade. My sisters came over and we left around 11:30 to head to C'ville. We dropped my youngest sister off at my mom's, chatted for a few then headed down to my grandparents. I love this family. They are so laid back and normal. There is one aunt... Her family is rather uppity and it drives me crazy! My cousin and aunt walk in like they are going to some fashion show or something. Complete with their prada purses. I just roll my eyes and try not to get too annoyed. Of course I got to play with my niece, too. Lunch was great as always although we tried not to get to stuffed. Eric & I each only had one plate and didn't go back for seconds. We had a little dessert too. We left around 5:30 and headed home. My sister Ashlee was still there finishing up her laundry and we snacked and watch "The Polar Express" or as my sister kept calling it "The Polar Bear Express". It was such a cute movie.

Friday we got up and Eric started working on the outside christmas lights about 8:30 am. It was freezing outside so there was no way I was going to help him. Instead I made some hot chocolate and put together a few of the decorations and watched him from inside. I got ready and did a few things around the house. He finally came in around 1:30 to get ready. We left around 2:30, picked up my sister and headed to C'ville to my aunt's house (mom's side). On our way we stopped by to say Happy Thanksgiving to my brother and found out that his headstone had finally arrived. Apparently they had put it out that morning. That made Thanksgiving a little better. I'm so glad its there now. When we got down to my aunt's house my mom was in a tizzy and all mad b/c my cousin had asked my youngest sister's boyfriend to leave. This was only after finding out that he beat the shit out of her last week. So bad that she had to go to the hospital thinking she had broken ribs or a broken sternum. Thankfully it is only bruising, but she is still with him. He was no welcome so he did leave. However a short time later so did my mom and the abused sister. They said they were going to see Matt's headstone, but we knew they wouldn't be back. It bothered me, but there was nothing I could do. I made a few comments and watched them drive off. We didn't even exchange good-byes. After dinner we had a euchre tournament. It was getting late, so we decided to head home.

Saturday we got up early and headed to town. We got the car washed, had breakfast at i*Hop and headed to Target for more lights. After we got home Eric worked on the lights. I did some laundry and helped him outside some. We left around 3:30 to get our tree. We had got a flyer from the tree farm we've went to the last 2 years, but didn't read it very well. They opened a new location, so we went there first. They only had pine trees and we really wanted a fir. We thought we might find a pine that worked, but most of them weren't tall enough. So we headed over to the old location (it was on the flyer). Unfortunately it was closed. We had no idea what was going on. Once we got home we read the flyer and realized it was only open the first 2 weekends in Dec for past customers only (that includes us). So we aren't getting the tree til this coming Saturday. We grabbed dinner at Moe's, returned a few things to Target, and headed back home. Eric put a few other things out and worked on a section of our icicle lights that was out. The weirdest thing happen while he was doing this. A car pulled up in the road, stopped and took 3 pictures of our house. We have no idea who it was or why they were taking pictures. It was just weird. I guess they liked our lights, at least that is what we think and it makes Eric feel good.

Sunday we got up, grabbed breakfast and headed to the movies to see "Walk the Line". It was a great movie! A definite buy when it comes out on DVD. After that we returned a grapevine snowman whose butt only half lit up and grabbed lunch at Culver's. On our way home we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things then headed home and spent the rest of the day being lazy. Eric practiced playing his guitar, I cut up a salad and made some chicken salad for lunch this week. I napped while he watched football. Finally we watched Cold Case and I went to bed.

This week should be a little less busy. Eric got a call first thing this morning and his company had 2 extra tickets to the Colts/Steelers game tonight, so I'm stoked about that. I have another therapy appointment tonight, so we'll leave right after that and fight the crowd, but it will be worth it! Other than that we hope to get back to the gym this week. I'm even contemplating getting up to go before work just so I know we go. I'll see how this week goes before I decided if I can get up an hour earlier every morning or not.

Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving, too!

1 comment:

Kitten said...

I forgot! I saw "Walk the Line" too and it was phenomenal! Isn't Joaquin just yummy?