Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Career vs Family

I've been heavy in thought today while I'm supposed to be working. This thought came in my head and I thought I'd write about it. Career vs. Family For several years I've struggled w/ what career path I wanted to choose in my life. I've tried retail, which I did enjoy except the hours and I've done the secretary for the last few. Now I work with graduate students of a particular department and I do enjoy working with them. My job can have times of redundancy, but mostly I deal with about 500 students and each one is different and I like the interaction. This is not the "Career" for me even though I still don't know what is. As I was thinking today, I wondered is there a career for me? There doesn't have to be. I don't care about my career so much anymore. It's just a job for money. I want a family and will do what I have to to get it. Maybe it's all this infertility stuff that is in my head, but maybe that is what I was just meant to be... A Mom!

No comments: