Monday, April 25, 2005

GWO 8

Another weekend full of girls. Yay! It was such a nice weekend to see my girls again.

Thursday night Danialle made great timing and got down shortly after 7. We made a quick trip to Target and came back and worked on some art projects she is doing for a set she is designing. I hadn't heard from Jennifer & Samara yet so I called to see where they were. Funny enough, they had just pulled into my driveway. We all hugged and touched Samara's belly then changed into our PJs to watch Survivior. We didn't stay up too late since we had all worked and were a bit tired.

Friday morning we got up at a decent time and headed to breakfast still in our pajamas. Breakfast was ok. I had heard this place downtown was good and cheap. It was cheap, but the food was so-so. At breakfast we decided to go see if All Fired Up was open and we would just get the painting of our pottery done early. Unfortunately they didn't open until 12 and it was only 10, so we headed back home. We chatted and for a little bit then headed to Target for a little shopping. After we got done there we headed to lunch at Moe's before heading on to paint our pottery. Painting was a blast as always. Samara painted an adorable light switch cover for Bean's room, Jennifer painted 2 picture frames, Danialle painted what turned into a birthday plate, and I painted a flower pot. I think Danialle's new tradition of the Birthday Plate was a hit. I plan to either have her make one for our child (her god child) or make one myself for our child. Such a cute idea and new tradition! Anyway, as always we spent several hours painting and chatting away. After we were done we headed home, got ready and then headed to dinner at La Scala, an Italian Restaurant. It was good although I was not as impressed with my meal as last time. Unfortunately when it was time to leave it was raining and we had to walk back to the car in the rain, but it wasn't too far. A couple of the ladies had enjoyed some wine at dinner and thought they might like another glass before bed, but also for the dinner on Saturday, so we a trip to the LQ. Jennifer & Danialle went in to get it and Jennifer ended up getting kicked out b/c her license was expired. She even tried to argue w/ the clerk like he was playing a joke on her or something. You can guess what she'll be doing this week. When we got back home we looked through some of my picture albums then headed to bed.

Saturday morning we got up and again went to breakfast in our pajamas. We went to Four Season's this time, which was much better in my opinion. We went home for a little while and changed clothes then headed to the mall for a little more in depth shopping. We had a blast as always. After a few hours & a few $$ we headed back home to begin our cooking extravaganza. Our meal consisted of a very filling and wonderful salad w/ ALL the fixins, Steak marinated in this teriyaki/pineapple type sauce(some w/ Blue cheese), Garlic Green Beans, & Cheesy Mashed Potatoes. We forgot to cook the Hawaiian bread until it was too late. After dinner we literally watched The S Factor. We did try the cat crawl and the S walk, but it's going to need lots or practice. Apparently that was enough to work up another appetite, so we had some chocolate fondue w/ Bananas, Strawberries, and Marshmallows. Again we forgot the brownies until the last minute. Before heading to bed we watched and did try to do some pilates abs. We laughed to tears a few times.

Sunday morning everyone got up quite early and headed home. Eric & I cleaned up the house and did a few other things then headed out to run some errands and had lunch at Don Pablo's. When we got home I was about zombie like so I look about a 2 hour nap. When I woke up, I called a few people to let them know about my upcoming surgery then Eric & I watched "Meet the Fockers" and laughed our butts off. It was pretty funny.

I loaded some pics here. Unfortunately some of my pics are fuzzy for some reason. Sorry! I'll upload more after I pick up the finished masterpieces this weekend!

No comments: