Thursday, April 14, 2005

Just call me Dr. Crazy

I'm switching doctors. Why? Well, if you've read my blog for very long then you know I'm not fond of my current obese, bald-headed doc. (Dr. Baldy) :D I've been contemplating this for a long time. I even tried to change in January, but my insurance wouldn't cover the doc I wanted to change to at that time. So today Eric was talking to one of his customers and the subject of babies came up. He told her we'd been trying for a while and she asked what doc I was seeing. He told her who and she told him to change! She apparently had went to him for a while and he told her she was going to need a hysterectomy so she got a second opinion from Dr. S and ended getting pregnant with her son soon after. We don't know all the details except that she doesn't like Dr. Baldy at all. I like this lady and she's been around this area (I think) her whole life, so I think I will take her advice. Obviously we don't like him either and I'm not pregnant, so why not change? That is assuming Dr. S accepts me and Dr. Baldy lets me go. See, they are in the same complex so as a courtesy to the other docs they have to get permission to "take me" so to speak. I asked if it is normally a problem and she said no, just a courtesy thing. I should have my answer by mid-next week. Then I can make an appointment.

I'm a bit nervous now and have some mixed emotions. I wonder if Dr. S will cancel the lap scheduled for June and put me immediately on fertility drugs. If he still wants to do the lap obviously it will change to his schedule and not Dr. Baldy's. I guess I'm sorta hoping it's cancelled. Maybe jump into drugs for a few months and see if that works before doing an invasive surgery just to "look around". I think I'm doing the right thing and Eric definitely agrees, but its scary switching. Ironically she suggested Dr. S, who also happens to be K's doctor and she really likes him, too. I wonder if I don't like him if I can go back to the regularly schedule program? Let's just hope I do like him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find the right doctor for you. It's important that they have the same vision as you do. You're paying for it on some level so you should get good service!