Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ramblings (Many)

Where to start. Let's begin w/ something hilarious that happened last night... I was cutting up some salad and I don't know what Eric was doing when all of a sudden I heard this water sound. Sorta like pour water in water maybe. Didn't quite know, so I peered around the corner to see Godiva (not knowing I was watching) sticking her nose in her water bowl, blowing bubbles, then lifting it out and letting the water fall out of her mouth. I watched her a couple of times then yelled for Eric between hysterical laughs. He watched her and checked her bowl. He thought maybe there was a piece of food in it or something she was trying to get. Nope, she just enjoyed sticking her nose in her water bowl, blowing bubbles, then lifting it out and letting the water fall out of her mouth. I wish we could have taken a picture or video, but she quit. I'm still laughing about it.

Another Godiva tidbit. Since she's a Lab and since they love water, we bought her a kiddie pool. This isn't just your average kiddie pool. It has an elephant on the side of it and you can hook up the hose to it and water squirts out of its trunk! Doesn't that sound like fun? Of course the weather has turned to hell, so we haven't got to play in it with her yet, but we can't wait for the weather to turn warm again.

K called me yesterday after she found out I was not seeing her doctor. I will say she didn't know about the Lap and I did go ahead and tell her about it. She never ceases to amaze me, yet most times seems to piss me off. I'm "thisclose" from speaking my mind. I'm not sure why I haven't already, maybe b/c of her current condition. Anyway, she keeps telling me about this RE she had started to see before she got pregnant and thinks I should see him. I'm not sure we are too that point yet. You've had the Lap before right? Yes, it was mild, but Dr. S thinks it was b/c I was on BC Well, I sure hope you don't have all the problems I had, blah, blah, blah. She is a hypochondriac. Have you discussed adoption w/ Eric? No, we aren't to that point yet. Well you really should b/c when I finally convinced L to adopt that's when we got pregnant, blah, blah, blah... Well, that's our decision. Maybe you are just trying to hard. You know that's what the doc told my friend X, blah, blah, blah. I need to, someone is at my desk.

I honestly believe she is basking in the idea that we are having problems.

I am currently working on a speech for when she opens her big mouth on Mother's Day to let everyone know all about OUR FUCKING problems like it's any of her business. It happens to not take into account that she is pregnant, on bedrest, or fragile in any way. As the time gets closer, I may even tell Peg to let everyone know to keep all their mouths shut about OUR situation unless WE SO CHOOSE to bring it up.

Ok, so can you tell that my hormones are at about a 9.5 on a 1-10 scale at the moment? Yeah, I'm almost full blown bitch. Poor Eric got a taste last night. We went grocery shopping and I pinched his butt. He turned around & came at my boobs which are quite sore this month and I chewed it head off and spit it out. Grrrr.... I don't think he realized how sore they are and can get. Normally I don't complain about them that much. I think they are a little sorer now b/c I also did an intense upper body workout on Tuesday and was pretty sore from that, too. He did make up for it later by telling me how good my thighs are looking and how small they are getting. I don't think he would be telling me that unless it were true.

Do you think peole can tell just by looking at me that I'm pissy? I try to look pleasant, but I wonder if that is somewhat transparent to the pissiness... I sense that people sort of stay clear when I'm this way, so I feel like it has to be a little noticeable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Godiva sounds like so much fun! I know that having our cats around keeps us laughing all the time.

Is K a half-sister or something? She sounds pretty insecure, and a lot like my SIL who is also a hypocrondriac. I know my SIL would love to torture me with getting pregnant before us. Why are some woman like that? I wouldn't talk to her about things if she goes and tells everyone your business. And if she asks why you don't want to talk, tell her that you can't trust her to keep things confidential.

Hormonal, huh? That could be good news!! Fingers crossed for you!

Mrs. T said...

K is half-sister. I don't actually tell her stuff in the beginning, but my stepmom & I are/were pretty close and I tell her and she keeps the info flowing to K. I don't know if they think I need the advice or what. I'm getting to where I don't even tell Peg as much anymore.