Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Oh Darn!

I know I should feel guilty about this, but I really don't all that much.

Many months ago my husband's side decided to have a little family vacation and go somewhere. We decided on a weekend and although all the arrangements aren't complete, it is still on my calendar and I intend for it to stay that way.

Maybe 1 or 2 (max) months ago my stepmom called to find out if I had any major conflicts in May b/c they were planning K's baby shower. I specifically told her about the weekend we were going to be out of town.

What do they do? You guessed it...

Schedule her baby shower when I'll be out of town. Now honestly, I have dreaded it for a while now and am a little happy that I have a "way out" so to speak. Maybe I feel a little guilty about that, too. Maybe not. We will still get her something of course, its just easier to not have to deal w/ her at the shower. I imagine I would feel a little worse about this if I actually was pregnant, too. She's been fairly good about not rubbing it in, but at the same time this is K we are talking about. She is the center of attention at all times!

Anyway, she called to get my address and I told her about the previous engagement and her response, "Well, you better be there!" I'm sure she wants me there, but lets face it, why do you think she wants me there? In her mind it's so EVERYONE knows she finally beat me at something I don't complete with her at all, however she has spent her life trying to "one-up" me. Well, she finally did. More power to her. Let her have her little show. My day will come. I promise! I just have to keep reminding myself that I am stable enough in 90% of all aspects of my life to have kids, she on the other hand... maybe 50%.

Guess I needed to vent a bit...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vent away sweetie! I can understand where you're coming from. Hey, a least you don't have to go and have her rub it in!

Jennifer said...

So good that you have a way out. If she complains that you aren't coming, you can tell her that you even told the planners ahead of time.

Mrs. T said...

I actually told her that I had told stepmom already that that was the one weekend I couldn't. I did talk to stepmom last night and she apologized and said she wasn't even involved in the planning of it.