Monday, April 11, 2005

Jam Packed Weekend

Friday I left around 3:45 to head to OH. It was a nice drive despite the little detour I had to take when I stopped off to get dinner. I got to OH around 8:30-9:00 (OH time). We of course caught up a bit then went downstairs and drew numbers out of a hat for Baby Bingo, a game we were playing at Samara's shower on Saturday. Grace was tired, but did not want to go to sleep so she was a little fussy. She fell asleep though. Eric went to get us shakes (not that we needed them), but we ate them, talke a bit then headed to bed. I didn't sleep too great. I got to sleep with Zeus, which was fine, but he had a hard time getting comfy and when he got comfy then he'd start snoring. ha ha ha I did get some sleep though.

Saturday morning we got up and got ready. Then headed to the airport to pick up Danialle. We were running a little late, but it worked out b/c we didn't have to park the car. We just pulled up to the drop off place and picked her right up. After we got back to Jennifer's we cut up fruit for the fruit pizza and got ready to head to Samara's shower. We were all starving and weren't sure what the food choices were giong to be, so we made a quick stop at McD's. Samara's shower was a blast and they made out like bandits! Before the guests arrived her SILs cat decided he wanted some cake and stuck his face and/or paw in for a taste. It only made a "dent" in the cake and they just cut that piece out when they started cutting the cake. We all made a page in the scrapbook for them to put pics of Bean in when he/she arrives. Oh and we played the game where you cut string to guess how big the mommy's belly was and I WON! After the shower we hurried home b/c Grace needed a bottle and I headed out. I was exhausted so I made good time on the way home. I was also a bit on the grouchy side when I got home. My in-laws were there and that was fine, but I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. Anyone who knows me know I'm grouchy when I'm tired.

Saturday morning we got up and got ready then headed to breakfast, which wasn't the greatest. We then headed to Indy to go to the Pacers Game. We thought we were running late, but as it turned out, they changed the game time and we were about 3 hours early. Unfortunately we couldn't wait that long b/c of the doggies and the in-laws didn't want to get home that late. We ended up walking around the mall for a bit then gave the tickets to a lady and her son on the corner. Lucky them! I'm sure Eric made their day!

Once we got back home, the in-laws headed home and we spent the rest of the day/evening working out in the yard. We got the pond completely cleaned up and up and running. (We did lose 1 big fish Sat). We picked up some sticks around the yard and I pulled some weeds and freshened up the landscape even more. We also took the dogs on a short walk. It was a great weekend, but we were both exhausted and were in bed by 10:00.

No comments: