Monday, April 18, 2005

Rollercoaster Weekend

Friday Eric had his 3rd interview. It went really well. They told him he should hear one way or the other on Monday (today). An added benefit is that he was scheduled at 9:30 and a girl scheduled for 8:00 (also coming from Lafayette) arrived shortly after Eric. He was 45 minutes early, but she was an hour and ten minutes late. The interviewer actually took Eric first and made the girl wait until he got done w/ Eric before he interviewed her. Friday night we took my grandparents to the Pacer's game. It was a great game to attend. There was a fight, that only I saw, and it was a close game right up until the end. We got home late and I went straight to bed.

Saturday morning we got up and started working out in the yard. We headed out to Lowe's, Bennett's Greenhouse, and Aquarium World and got the supplies we needed. While we were out my mom called and said she, Crystal (my brother's wife) and Kayleigh were going to come up. We got a few things done before they got there, then sat around outside talking and doing other things. Kayleigh is so adorable and we played with her and had a ball. She even fed the fish in my pond. We made a quick trip to Wal-Mart and the grocery and came back home and made some tacos. In the meantime, Crystal had went to the bathroom and noticed blood. Some background: She's pregnant. About 11 weeks. Also has severe kidney stones. Anyway she thought it was just in her urine possibly from the kidney stones. After dinner she went to the bathroom again and there was more blood this time. We decided she needed to get to the hospital and she really wanted to go to C'ville since they had all her records so they left. We finished planting stuff outside and cleaned up, etc. Crystal called me around 8-ish and they had done some bloodwork and told her it was definitely blood and it was a good thing she came in. They were waiting to take her down to do an ultrasound. My mom called maybe 30 minutes later and said she had lost the baby. It actually had died 3-4 weeks prior and her body was just not trying to expel it. The weird thing is that she had just been to the army doc this past Tuesday, but they couldn't hear the heartbeat. The doc said it was probably just too early. Crystal is obviously devastated and Matt is in total disbelief. I imagine part of it is b/c she is here and he is in TX still. She was on bed rest yesterday and told her if to come in today to get a D&C. My heart just breaks for both of them. I've just been a little numb the rest of the weekend. I can't believe this is happening to someone so close to me again.

Sunday we got up and I talked to mom for a little bit and she gave me a few more details. We did a few more things outside then got ready and headed to C'ville. I got my hair cut again then headed to my grandparents for a little get together. This is the first time we've gotten together since Christmas. It was a nice afternoon. When we got home we planted a few more things I got from Peg (stepmom) then we watched Ocean's 12, got a BD in and headed to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E,

That's so sad. I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Prayers to you and your family.