Thursday, March 04, 2004

Dr. Appt. Update

Went to the doctor today and came out feeling better. I was getting pretty mad and frustrated at the beginning b/c my doc wasn't getting it. He said that it really wasn't likely that my endo was back and that they could put me on Lupron or back on BC to ease the pain. This totally defeats the purpose of trying to conceive so there was NO WAY that was happening. He basically told us that he wouldn't do a laparoscopy that we could find someone else if we wanted. We were getting pissed. Thankfully the nurse came in a the doc had to leave for a minute to take a call. When he came back in, he apparently thought about what he was telling us and realized that we would do just that, go somewhere else, b/c he said we could do the normal tests. They are going to do a sperm count on Eric sometime next week. This complicates things b/c we are supposed to start trying next week, so we decided that the last day of our trying, he would wait 3 days then do his sperm count. I go to the lab on March 19 and they are going to do blood tests on me to check my progesterone and HsG. Then on the first day of my next period I call the doc and I go the day after the last day of my period for an x-ray on my tubes to make sure they aren't blocked.

I feel much better about the whole situation and maybe I am being a hypocondriac, but at least I'll know if those things are good, I will feel much better. I did find out that my endo that I had back in 2000 was mild, so that makes me feel much better, too. This wasn't stated until later in the doc appt, thus getting me a little worked up. I guess if I would have known that it was only mild back then I wouldn't have worried about it so much.

No comments: