Monday, March 01, 2004

Good Weekend

We had a really good weekend.

Friday
We were lazy. I was still a little blah from Aunt Flo who visited on Thursday, but got over it.

Saturday
We got up and went to Menards, Lowes & SAMs. Eric got a couple of storage shelves for the garage and I got paint for our living room (Color: Warm Gingerbread). Eric worked out in the garage and I worked in the yard. I pulled & dug a bunch of bulbs out that the insane previous owner apparently put in. That was quite a chore. I had to dig through the mulch and find the random spots they were planted then fight the fabric lining between the dirt and mulch to keep weeds out. Needless to say my butt got a nice workout. I even axed down this bush that was half dead, which was fun. Then I headed to the back yard and picked up sticks. I got bored so I decided to join Eric in the garage. We did some rearranging and it looks much better now. We were pretty exhausted after the day so we relaxed the rest of the evening.

Sunday
We got up at a decent time and started moving furniture to the center of the room and taping stuff off by around 10 am. We started painting and didn't really run in to anything major. I used this edger for the ceilings and around the windows and stuff while Eric rolled the walls. It wasn't a quick process by any means as our living room is not small and it has vaulted ceilings. Overall, I think it looks great. It definitely gives it the "warm" feeling, which I was looking for and Eric likes to make fun of me for. It makes the room darker, but I don't mind that much. We would like to get this painting to go over the couch and may even do some smaller oil painting this summer to put on each side of the hutch. I personally would like to get a neat lamp to put in there, too.

Yesterday evening we went for a walk on the trail by our house then went grocery shopping and I did some baking for my lunch this week and made Eric some key lime bars. I was supposed to make him these cinnamon swirl bars, but decided to wait until next weekend. I was ready to sit down and relax. Watched the Oscar's until about 10 then went to bed.

No comments: