Monday, March 29, 2004

Fabulous Weekend

Friday I was swamped at work, so I didn't do much chatting or e-mailing or much. I had training until 11:00, which was overwhelming. Then had a working meeting with my boss and worked on the list we made at lunch all afternoon. By the time I got home I just wanted to relax, which we did.

Saturday we got up early and cleaned the house and the in-laws came over around noon. We went out to eat at Don Pablo's then did a little shopping and came back home. I bought some lawn fertilizer and one of those spreader things, so we put that on the yard real quick before heading to the couch.

Sunday was what made the weekend. We got up early (not planned) and ended up meeting my sister Ashley and her boyfriend at Nirvana for breakfast. This is one of our favorite breakfast places. Then we went home and took a nice long walk. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We had tickets to go to the Pacer's game, but frankly neither one of us wanted to go b/c of the weather outside. So we got someone to use the tickets and headed for the greenhouse. We ended up buying a lilac bush and a magnolia tree. Once we got home we pulled the pine tree out of our front yard planted the magnolia tree. Then we re-planted the pine tree on the hill in the back of our house on the easement. Finally we planted the lilac bush. One neighbor even stopped and told us what a difference it made at looking at our house. I does look much better. I also put out some grass seed, so hopefully that starts growing soon, too. We have a nice bare spot in our back yard where our pond is. Speaking of... Next weekend is the pond overhaul. That is going to be a chore.

Overall I thought it was a fabulous weekend. Eric and I got to spend some time together doing fun things, which I absolutely love.

No comments: