Monday, March 01, 2004

Finished Book

I finished my 3rd book of the 10 I'd like to read for the year. This book, "Why Grace Changes Everything" by Chuck Smith was really good and lent to me by Danialle. I wasn't brought up in a religious family and don't really know much about religion or the Bible for that matter. One of my goals this year that I didn't put here, but that is in my journal at home is to learn about religion. Anyway this book was really good and made me feel better about my position in life. Right now obviously I don't go to church. Basically this book said that you don't have to be "perfect" and sin-free and go to church to go to Heaven. As long as you believe and have faith then when that time comes Jesus will wipe your slate clean of your sins and you go to Heaven. I don't really understand this part b/c it seems like God will never know of your sins, but what doesn't make sense is that you pray to good and ask for forgiveness, but God doesn't really know of your sins. Guess Danialle & I need to discuss this book.

Anyway, I'm sorta torn b/c I want to at least learn about religion and the Bible, but haven't chosen a church yet. Eric is not into going to church every Sunday b/c that was forced upon him when he was little. I know I could go without him, but that's not something I want to venture into by myself either. Ugh... Decision, decisions...

No comments: