Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Doggie Spa

We visited the new vet/pet boarding place last night. I'll call it VP's. It was definitely a spa for doggies. It was sorta small, but that was fine by us. It was very nice. They have a cat wing and dog wing in the back and the vet stuff is in the front. They also offer day care, but I don't see us partaking in that. Anyway, they have a fenced in back yard, but still take the animals out on leashes b/c the owners dog got under the fence once. hee hee Anyway, the boarding rooms were very nice. Note I said rooms, not cages like our current/former place. They have deluxe which could feasibly accomodate all 3 of our dogs, but that wouldn't be good b/c Godiva & Kodi don't particularly like each other that well. We'd still do Krissy & Kodi in a deluxe and Godiva by herself. This makes me a little sad b/c she's just a puppy and since they have rooms instead of cages she can't even see her sisters. Although that means she can't torment them either. Anyway, each room has a window in it so they can see the sky basically b/c it's high enough that they can't jump and break it. Anyway, they also have the rehab room which has a pool they can walk in, an underwater treadmill and maybe a regular treadmill. You can buy your dogs a session while they are being boarded, too. During boarding they get 3 walks and 2 activities a day (I think). We normally get an extra activity or two w/ our current/former vet, too. Anyway, we really liked the vet and will probably change next time since they are already booked for this weekend.

We also signed Godiva up for some training w/ VP's. I wanted to do it when we first got her and could kick myself for not putting my foot down then, but we thought she would grow out of her psychotic episodes. She's 8 months old now so she's too old for the puppy classes and has to be w/ the older dogs. I guess this is ok. We shall see. We are still waiting on them to finalize the schedule, but I hope they start soon. She is getting a little better and I think walking her more will help, too. I'm sure a lot of it is that she's a lab and they are very high energy anyway. We love her all the same though. I hope this older dog class is not a waste though. I'm anxious and scared, too.

We gat a membership to the dog park, which is set to open this fall. I hope it opens before it gets too cold and we can go often. We better get our money's worth!

No comments: