Monday, May 02, 2005

Another Fine Weekend

This weekend was pretty nice. My sister came over late Thursday night and spent the night. After work on Friday, she and Eric picked me up and we ran some errands. We went to the mall and got one of these for my stepmom for Mother's Day. Haven't found my mom anything yet though. We headed to dinner at TX Road House. My sister is quite the little flirt so we gave her a hard time flirting w/ the waiter all through dinner. Anyway, after that we headed to Staples and got her graduation invitations and spent the rest of the evening writing up the wording and printing them. She left around 9:30 and I headed to bed shortly thereafter.

Saturday morning we got up and had softball practice at 11:00. We practiced until 1:00 and I headed home for a bit while Eric practiced w/ the men's team for another hour or so. We were both pretty exhausted, but excited to be playing again. We had a lot of fun. Saturday evening we got pizza and watched Lemony Snicket's then both fell asleep. I woke up around 11:00 and got ready to head to bed when I noticed this young black and white husky outside our back door. The dogs noticed him about the same time and barked up a storm waking Eric up. We didn't know what to do with him. He wouldn't leave our house and was such a sweet doggie. He wanted to come in. We didn't see anyone around like they were looking for their dog. We tried calling the Humane Society, but they were closed and the police weren't much help. He was definitely a purebred, too. Anyway, after making a few calls w/ no luck we just went to bed and hoped he was either found by his owners or still at our house in the morning. He was gone when we woke up.

Sunday we were both extremely sore from practice. It's amazing what happens overnight. I wasn't sore at all when I went to bed. I was completely lazy all day. Eric had practice again at 1 with the men's team, but not me. I watched TV all day. It was actually pretty pathetic, but the rest was worth it. When he got home I made tacos and we watched After Sunset, which was a pretty good movie.

On the TTC side of things. My temp has been 98.1 all weekend including today. If it stays up tomorrow and Wednesday I'll test on Wednesday. Let's hope for high temps! The bbs are still quite sore, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erica--I don't know if I can wait until Wednesday! What happened to Tuesday???

Anonymous said...

I can't stand the wait!!! Argh! Good luck!