Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Lap Update

We arrived at the hospital around 1:30. About 1:45 they took me back and asked me some basic questions, made me sign some forms, etc. My surgery was supposed to be at 3:00, but they were running about 45 min to an hour behind. They started my IV. I got stuck twice again. Ugh. That was no fun. I was really nauseous b/c I hadn't eaten or drank anything all day. Finally around 3:30 they took me down to surgery holding area. I flipped through a magazine while they checked their e-mail and stuff. ha ha I heard them talking about it. Anyway the anesthesia guy came in & chatted w/ me. He asked me if I smoke 3 times. It was weird. He didn't seem all there. My doctor arrived shortly after than and they wheeled me into surgery. I was pissed b/c after I moved to the surgery bed, they got the heart things on me and introduced me to people all of a sudden my hand started burning like it was on fire. I yelled "Ow, shit" and they looked at me and laughed. One nurse grabbed my arm and apologized and rubbed it a bit. I then realized the slimey anesthesia guy had stuck up behind me and got me good. I dozed off right after that.

Apparently when I was coming out of it I was making noises and they asked me if I was nauseous or in pain. I was really nauseous, but not really in pain. I asked what they found and she said she'd get the doc and trotted off. The doc came over and said that they had found just a little bit of endo on my right ovary and behind my uterus and cervix and lasered if off. Otherwise it looked great. The nurse came back and gave me something for nausea, which made me feel better immediately then decided I must have been in some pain and gave me some demoral. That brought the nausea right back and it was horrible. A little later they gave me some more nausea medicine and I told them I'd feel better once I got some water and some crackers in me. She told me they wouldn't let me have water that pop would settle my stomach. I tried to argue, but said I'd have rootbeer or sprite. They wheeled me back to the observation area and I had a sprite and some crackers waiting on me. I tried to eat some crackers and ice chips (avoiding the sprite), but I was still pretty sick. I wasn't having much pain either. FINALLY they gave me some finigrin and the nausea went away almost immediately and I ate about 3/4 of a snack size bag of tostitos and ate some ice chips and drank the water from where they melted. hee hee Anyway, since I was so nauseous we didn't end up getting home until around 9:00. I ate some chicken & stars soups, took a pain pill & went to bed. I slept good and I'm feeling ok today. My throat was super sore this morning, but Eric fixed me some CoCo Wheats this morning and it hit the spot and made my throat feel much better. Yum! I'm feeling those darn bubbles inside me, but they aren't hurting, just bugging me. I'm only spotting, too, so that's a good thing. I do have some pics that I will try to post at some point, probably next week when I get to work. I need to edit them so you can tell where the endo is and I'm not sure I can do that from home or not. I'll try since I have the rest of the week off though. I was excited to get pics. Last time I got this done I just saw pics at the docs office. This time I get suveniors! Woohoo! hee hee

The doc came out and talked to Eric and gave him the scoop. He said he recommends trying for another 2-3 months and if we still didn't get pregnant then we'd try a few months of clomid then he'd consider referring me on, but didn't think it was necessary at this point. So hopefully I'll be getting a positive HPT here soon. I'm not sure if we'll try this month or not. It sorta depends on if I'm still bleeding and how I'm feeling. I will probably O later anyhow and I have no idea when to expect my period so this month might just be whacked anyway. We'll see, it's still early.

Ok, back to bed for a while now. Thank you all for your calls and/or e-mails. We truly appreciate you thinking of us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you made it through ok and that there weren't any major problems!! Get your rest!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things looked pretty good overall. Sorry about the nausea. I alway get nauseous and I cry every time I come out of anesthesia. Best of luck to you!

Kitten said...

HEY GIRLIE! I'm so sorry I had to get off the phone with you. I miss our daily IM's. Glad your'e feeling better today and thanks for the update. Can't wait to see you Saturday!

Lisa said...

I appologize for not commenting in awhile, but I want you to know that I have been periodically checking in. I've been thinking about you & you're always in my prayers. I know this journey to becoming a mother has been long & difficult. It's an emotional roller coaster. I am happy to hear that everything went well today (well, except the nauseous part!) Take it easy & get your rest this week. You've been through a lot.

Jennifer said...

I know we spoke earlier, but hope your feeling good!