Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mmmm.... Mmmm.... Good?

I finally figured out how to work the broiler in our oven after the last GWO at my house. I was so excited. So yesterday morning I put some chicken in a dish and let it marinate all day in some Teriyaki & Pineapple marinade. Then we I got home I got to broiling. The pan wasn't the easiest thing to get out of the oven to turn the chicken over the first time and it smelt sorta funny, but I didn't think too much of it. I got ready to pull it out again to check the doneness and guess what?! I realized what that funny smell was. Yep, I was touching my oven mits to the broiler and ended up catching them on fire. There was seriously flames coming off my thumbs. Damn! I ended up using pot holders to slide it out the final time, but had to through my oven mits away. It was pretty funny! Thought the GWO gals would really get a kick out of it since they are well aware of my cooking skills or lack there of... hee hee

Oh, the teriyaki chicken turned out wonderful I must say. It just fell apart when you were cutting it. It was even the good side of juicy. Yum!

No comments: