Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Inconsiderate

People amaze me at how inconsiderate they are!

Obviously anyone who reads this blog knows I've been trying for over a year to get pregnant with no luck yet. My best friends really have supported me so much and I'm so thankful. They give me advice or research stuff or just Most of my family doesn't know that we are trying b/c well, I don't want to hear all the "Relax", "It will happen in it's own time", "There's no hurry", etc. Yeah, all that bullshit. Then I have one "friend" (I'll refer to her as A) in particular who is so inconsiderate in a lot of ways. I know deep down that she just doesn't think about what she says and that she really isn't trying to hurt me by saying things, but.... Here's some examples...

1) MY FAVORITE - When we were all shopping one day 2 of us who aren't pregnant joined the other who is pregnant in trying on maternity clothes. A did not partake in the trying on of clothes. I tried on a particular outfit and really liked the pants. I said I was going to have to get me a pair when I got pregnant. A proceeds to tell me that I should buy them now so it will motivate me. I guess I haven't been motivated enough the last year! I didn't want to start anything, so I just went back to my fitting room and shut the door a little harder than normal. She DID NOT get the point and I DID NOT buy the pants.

2) MOST RECENT - A apparently is now refering to me as "Fertile Myrtle". If I'm so damn fertile then I guess I would have at least one child right now and possibly pregnant with #2... Yeah, that's gonna stop real quick like.

A says really wants to be involved in our girls weekends, but can't take a single Friday off to come early (We normally start Thursday night and leave Sunday morning) b/c she needs $$ so severly and she has been known to leave early b/c she just can't be away from whoever she's seeing at the time. Yet, she can take 1 WHOLE WEEK off to go on vacation w/ that particular person. I know my friend J is upset b/c A can't even drive over 1 day to go to her baby shower. It's a Saturday. She doesn't have to take off work or spend the night or anything. Just show up. But I'm sure we will all be expected to attend her bridal shower, bach. party, wedding, etc. when she finally gets married. And we will do it b/c we love her. That's what sucks. We aren't getting the same in return.

I guess I could go on and on about how inconsiderate she is, but I just wanted to vent about my fertility and our GWO (right now). Obviously I'm not worried that she'll read this b/c frankly, she doesn't read my blog b/c it doesn't concern her (oops, I mean she doesn't have time) and even if she did well, maybe she'll realize how inconsiderate she's being.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

I should post the definition of "emotional vampire" on here for you. Every IM just keeps getting more and more frustrating.