Monday, October 25, 2004

Update

So I have officially been offered the job in ECE and officially accepted the offer. I'm super excited about starting this new job, too. I have to learn so many new things and it's always sorta scary/nerve-racking learning new things. I don't start there full time until Nov 29 (the monday after T-day), but will start my transition over there on Nov 8 working 1/2 time in both places since my current boss is out for the month of November. It will be a long transition, but I don't want to leave my current dept out to hang either. Anyway, my basic job will be in charge of registration for all of the graduate students in that dept. I won't be anyone's secretary anymore! Woo hoo!

Saturday my brother called me! I was so excited! He had an 8-hour pass, so they all went to the bowling alley and I guess he was calling everyone. He was very upbeat and talked a mile a minute. It was really funny. He told me that he is actually 1 of 4 squad leaders and then they report to the platoon leader. Even so that is awesome. He is also 1 of 6 guys picked to become a ranger. He will report back January 3 for that training, which also includes airborne training. He said they have 3 crazies in their platoon and he was telling me about them. He said he cried some the first actual week there, which was actually their 3rd week b/c the first two were doing all the paperwork and getting their vaccines and such. I just can say how upbeat and happy he seemed. He said that he doesn't really feel like it has totally sunk in yet. It is inevitable that they will all go to Iraq. I told him to just keep getting training so it would prolong him going there!

Yesterday we went to the Colt's game. They lost but it was a good game. At least close, too. It was cool though b/c the suite next to us was the owners of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

You can see it was a good time.

Today officially starts our 2 week stint of trying. Hopefully this will be an overall GREAT month. I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on your new job! I'm happy you got to talk to your brother over the weekend. That's wonderful that he's going to be a ranger. I am praying that this will be a GREAT month for you!