Friday, October 08, 2004

Zero Patience

My hormones (probably PMS) have just kicked it up a notch this week. So far, I've voiced my opinion on 3 occassions today. And b/c they are a bit humorous, I thought I'd share

Occassion 1
I got an e-mail (actually several) last week that I needed to go on-line and submit our monthly meter readings on our office machines. I did this Monday. Well, today I get a call from them saying they needed my meter readings. I politely told her that I had already submitted those on-line Monday. She told me that they are having problems getting them from the web and that I needed to give them directly to her (again). I not-so-politely asked her why she wasted my time sending my numerous e-mails last week telling me they needed them when they couldn't get them and were just going to call me? She couldn't answer that and just told me "You could just get them now and give them to me" I gave them to her but not after telling her I was not going to submit them on-line anymore that it was waste of people's time and they could just start calling me every month. (With a big smile) She just said thank you and have a nice weekend.

Occassion 2
The mailman refused to bring the 6 cases of paper into my office (but will bring every other box there) again this morning. As you may know from previous posts I hurt my back a while ago and have been sorta guarding it since then in fear that I could hurt it again. It was not a fun experience. Anyway we also have a huge theft problem in our building. We've asked the mail people to please bring everything to the main office. They do, except the paper b/c they are lazy. Well today was the last straw. I called the guy's boss and got him permission to bring it to my office. He just brought me the afternoon mail and asked me exactly where I wanted it and I politely showed him and explained to him that since he told me they were "not allowed to bring paper to the office" I simply got him permission.

Occassion 3
We have a dept. credit card that we let people check out for purchases at local places like Wal-mart, Ace, etc. The other day a guy checked it out. When they bring it back they are supposed to bring me a Purchase Request Form and the receipt. Sometimes they bring the credit card back and bring me the receipt the next day or so. I noticed today that I didn't not get a receipt yet from him so I sent him an e-mail saying that I didn't have one and needed it as soon as possible.

His reply:
Erica,
When I checked it out, I made no purchase. Therefore, there is no receipt or green form. I told you this when I returned the credit card. I guess you just didn't listen.

Thank you,
Phil


Note that last sentence... So with they day I had, I replied with this and BC'd my boss:
Phil,

I appreciate your concern for my hearing, but my hearing is just fine. I don't recall you saying anything when you returned the credit card to me as I would have logged that information in for Judy. I may have just been busy at the time you returned it. Thank you for letting me know though.

Erica

Is it 5:00 yet? I don't think I'm a people person today... I told my husband and he told me to leave my attitude at the office this afternoon. I think I'll curl up with my book (Jennifer Weiner's new one "Little Earthquakes") and some hot chocolate tonight

Tomorrow I'm going to get my roots dyed and probably see my parents for a bit. Eric is going out tomorrow night for Bacardi Red Hot Road Trip. I'd like to go with him, but in reality I'll probably go to bed. Why does everyone wait til late at night to go out and party and get drunk? DON'T ANSWER THAT!

Sunday we plan on just being lazy. I'm hoping to work some more on my baby photo scrapbook. Probably need to clean the house good, too since we are having company next weekend (or at least Thursday). Yay! It's almost time for another GWO!

No comments: