Thursday, October 21, 2004

Life

Well, I haven't updated much this week, so I thought I would today. The week didn't start out too great. It's been crazy here at work. I'm still on the verge of sickness, mostly a sore throat and sinuses, so I haven't been sleeping well. However, Tuesday I got a call for an interview. I am super excited about this job b/c it in the graduate office and I will have more of a job in that I won't be someone's secretary, but have more of my own responsibities and to me it would be more "career like". I just don't think I'm made out to be at someone's whim. Anyway, I interview this morning, so I'll update this afternoon as to how it went. Hopefully things will go my way this time. It's been a while. The other good thing about the job is that it's still a secretary, but higher than I am now. I would get a raise for going, plus a 90-day raise. Woo hoo! Also, this could lead to me to much higher jobs in that area, which is even more exciting. I just have to get the job first!

On the way home from GWO, Kitten & I were talking about how my camera is on it's last leg and we should be getting a new one in the next few months. Ironically when I got home Sunday Eric told me the screen kept going out so we were going to have to get one sooner than we thought. So, we are now the proud owners of a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P100. I was having so much fun playing around with it last night! I can't wait to really use it.

On the conception side of things, not too much is happening. We will begin our "Trying" stage this weekend and hope to continue it for a full 2 weeks. We are pushing for every day, but know in reality that we'll probably miss a day every so often. Just got to think of it like eating dinner every night. It's got to be done. Plus, this will probably be my last good month before it's time for my yearly. We also get to try the Pre-seed this month. I plan on using it about every other day since we've only got 6 applications.

Also some news on my brother. He got to call my mom the other night. He was super excited b/c he made Platoon Leader. He also is joining the rangers when he gets done with all his training. I knew he could do it. And I'm such a proud sister! From what I hear being a ranger is quite an honor, so for that I'm happy for him. However, I guess they also are the first to go into "hot spots" and do special missions. I'm sure my brother loves that stuff, but it is a little scary. We'll just have to pray for him.

That's all for now. Keep your fingers crossed for my interview today!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I wish you luck with your interview today! My fingers are crossed!

That's wonderful that your brother is the Platoon Leader now. And it's really cool that he wants to be a ranger. Making it through ranger school & finally becoming a ranger is a great honor. Congrats on being such a proud sister!