Thursday, October 07, 2004

Proud Sister

My sister Ashlee called last night and she's been accepted here at Purdue. She's so excited. She is accepted as undecided, but will transfer into nursing after the first semester or first year. She is very smart and committed and I'll know she'll do great. I'm so proud of her. I just hope she get some scholarships or grants. I know she'll get some financial aid b/c that's one good thing about my mom, she can't keep a job very well thus doesn't make much money and falls in the "financial need" category.

I also got a letter from my brother yesterday. (He's the one that's in boot camp right now) He said he is doing great. I imagine it was rough the first week or two. He seems really excited about what they are doing and will be doing. Seems to really have a pretty positive attitude. I'm so excited that he's doing good. He made me laugh. He says he's got an M-16 that's he had since the first week that's his b*tch and it can never been anymore than an arm's length away from him except in the shower. He also figured out where all the taxes are going b/c the've issued him like $2,000 worth of gear. He also said his final test would be when they take them out and drop them in the woods (I think) and they have to stay out there for 7 days then hike 15 miles back to the base. According to my mom he will be getting baptized while he's there, too.

Now I just have one more sister that needs to get busy making me proud. She's going to be a handful though! We have to get her out of HS w/ a diploma first. Ugh!

No comments: