Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day Weekend Update

I woke up with a sore throat on Friday and new what was coming. Within 24 hours my allergies would take over. I got off work early, ran home and changed, picked up my sister from her dorm and we headed to Turkey Run for my aunt's wedding. It was a nice wedding overall. It was good to get everyone together for a little happier time. Of course it was sad, too b/c Matt wasn't with us. On our way to the chapel we stopped for some pics...

Ashlee, Mom, Erica
Here's my sister Ashlee, Mom and me.

Danialle, Ashlee, Mom, Erica
Danialle joined in on this one.

Mom, Erica, & Eric
Mom, Me, & Eric

Erica & Eric
Me & Eric

Sherrie & Tom (Bride & Groom)
I suppose you might want to see the Bride & Groom

Erica Posing w/ Statue
What do I say about this pic??? This was on our way back to the reception. I was being funny and didn't even read the plaque that told about the statue. hee hee Do you find anything interesting about this pic??? Well, I've decided that little "spot" to the right of my legs is a spirit orb of my brother. I felt him there at different times during the night.

Anyway we danced and had some drinks and really had a good time overall.

By the time we got home I knew my allergies were really kicking me in the ass.

Saturday I tried to sleep in, but was having problems breathing and had a horrible sinus headache. I spent the majority of the day on the couch.

On Sunday we got up early and got ready. I was still feeling bad, so Eric cleaned the house for me. Eric's parents arrived shortly after noon and we chatted for a bit then headed to C'ville for a cookout on my dad's side. My cousin Chadd hosted it and it was really nice. I really cherish the times we get to spend with family now.

After we left the cookout, we stopped at Matt's grave. I talked with him for a while and of course cried. They have marked the ground where the headstone will go, but we don't know when it will be put out. On our way back home we put the cross up at Matt's crash site. It was nice to finally get that done and put up.
Matt's Cross is Finally Up!

Today has been another lazy day. I'm feeling a little better, but decided to take it easy before I go back to work. We did go out to get groceries and dinner.

Thank goodness its only a 4-day work week.

No comments: