Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend Update

I had a great weekend! Friday night we picked up Eric's bicycle and after doing some stuff at home went for a long bike ride. I was exhausted by the time we got home though. Eric left around 8:30 for a promotion at one of the bars. I watched TV and at some point dozed off to sleep. I woke up around 11 and headed to bed. Apparently Eric came home a short time after that.

Sunday we got up pretty early. Eric left around 6:30 am for breakfast club since it was a home football game (we won) and I tried to sleep, but Godiva was having none of that. I got up, took a shower, cleaned the house, started some laundry and ran the dishwasher all before Eric got home around 10:30. After Eric got home we ran to the bike shop to pick up a few things, grabbed lunch and headed home. My grandparents came over around 2:00 and papaw and Eric worked on our shower in the master bathroom. To make a long story short, the people that built our house did a half-arsed job and didn't bring the drywall all the way down to the top of the shower, so they had to fill the gap and fix all that stuff. We patched some other holes in the wall, too (nails, etc.) We then grabbed dinner and headed to Lowe*s to pick up a few other things and find some paint swatches. My grandparents left shortly after we got back home and Eric & I went on a short bike ride.

Sunday we got up and lounged around the house for a while. We had planned on having a relaxing day and going on another long bike ride. I had originally planned on painting the bathroom this coming weekend when Eric was gone, but we decided to just go ahead and do it yesterday. We cleared out the bathroom, taped it off, removed fixtures, and headed to Lowe's to get the paint. The color is hard to explain. It's called Oregon Dunes. It's sort of a tanish color w/ a hint of sage. I'll take pics this week and post them. All I can say was it was matched w/ my shower curtain. ha ha We finished late in the evening with the painting and by the time we cleaned stuff up, grabbed dinner and sat down it was time to go to bed.

This morning Eric caulked around the top of the shower and tonight we will be putting all the fixtures up and moving everything back in. I'm excited.

I've made a deal with Eric or rather he's made a deal with me that'll we'll work on painting the rooms of our house and doing some other work around the house (ie, carpet and kitchen tile or wood, water softener, cheap fence) and stay at this spot for 2 more years making our total 4 yrs in that house. I plan to get the kitchen/dining room done this fall witht he help of his mom. That will leave office, guest bathroom, utility room and eventually nursery.

Oh!! Check back tonight or early tomorrow for an update on my ultrasound that I'm getting later this afternoon. It's the mid-cycle ultrasound and I'm hoping they will tell me good news about my follicles and lining rather than bad. Wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts this afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo...exciting!! Good luck with the u.s. and I hope you've got some good follies! Update us soon, I'll be checking back!