Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Recap

Had a pretty nice weekend overall, I guess. Friday morning I took Eric to meet some of his co-workers for a trip they'd won to a baseball game in Chicago. I, of course, left work early to head to therapy (You can see my post below to see how that went). After therapy I went to a tattoo place that was recommended to me by a co-worker. See, we've been working with a guy in C'ville to get a tattoo like my brothers, but this week he's given us a run around and it was really pissing me off. Anyway, I talked to this other guy and he could do it, but it'd have to be much bigger and it was going to cost quite a bit more. I told him I'd get back to him, but knew that I was just going to have to sit it out and wait on the guy from C'ville. So on my way back home I called my mom and told her to call them again, so she did. She left them a rather terse message and told them to call her back ASAP. Wouldn't you know it?! They called back w/in the hour. He's got the sketch drawn up. Unfortunately he's really busy and we can't get in until Oct 6, which is later than I wanted, but he's giving us a good deal and at least I'm getting it done soon.

After I got home my grandma called and said they were coming up and wanted to take me to dinner. So, of course, I went. We had a great time just chatting away and eating our meal. After they brought me back home I watched some TV and ended up falling asleep on the couch.

Saturday morning I got up, showered, and cleaned house. I picked Eric back up around 11:30 and we went to Pablo's for lunch and then ran a few errands. We were both exhausted, so we came back home and spent the rest of the day being lazy.

Sunday we planned on taking a nice bike ride. We loaded up our bikes and headed to this Fort on the other side of town. There was supposed to be a trail that started there and went through the woods and along the river; about 13 miles long. Well, we found out that it doesn't go all the way to the Fort yet, but we could take the road and meet up with it. We did that, but I hate riding on the road, so we turned around and headed back. My knee was bothering me and Eric thought I needed toe clips b/c my feet weren't staying on the pedals, so we picked those up and grabbed lunch. After lunch it was a little warm out, so we picked up a couple of things from Dick's and hit the grocery store. After we got home and unloaded everything we went on a 5 mile bike ride. It was really nice, relaxing end to the weekend.

No comments: