Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend in Review

My weekend was ok after the horrible news Friday day. Friday right after work I headed to Christina's to get my 30 min. swedish massage. It was definitely a stress relieving one and I could have laid there for a couple more hours. I think next time I'll get the one where they are harder on you and is more deep. As soon as I got home we left to go to dinner w/ my grandparents and then they came back to our house and gramps blessed me. It was really nice of him and it made me feel good afterwards. However, I didn't sleep well that night though b/c the massage oil wasn't a great smell and I kept getting whiffs of it whenever I moved, yuck. Eric said he couldn't really smell it, but it was annoying me. I almost took a shower in the middle of the night.

Saturday we were lazy in the morning. I gave myself a pedicure minus painting. But dang if my feet don't feel great! I worked on them to smooth out the rough edges and lotioned them up. Then we headed to C'ville and met my parents and Kisha & Levi and the baby. We had a nice lunch. Caidence slept until the minute the food came, which was funny. She is going to be one of those babies that cries around everyone except Kisha and my stepmom, I swear. She cried when I held her, too. Kisha said she often cries when Levi holds her, too. After lunch we went to Kroger to get some flowers and visited my brother. While we were there I decided we should go get him a new solar light b/c the one that was there was a cheap plastic one that lasted only a few weeks. We headed to Home Depot and found a nice metal one and it was on sale, so bonus. We headed back out to the grave and put it up. Then we headed to Dari-licious for some yummy dessert. Then to Kisha's to pick up some pics she forgot to bring with her. We had a lazy Saturday evening. I fell asleep on the couch with the doggies at some point after talking to Jennifer.

Yesterday we planned on cleaning out the gutters and going for a bike ride. When I rolled out of bed, Eric informed me that we'd be getting rain all day and into the week. I knew our gutters needed cleaned out bad. In fact they even woke me up Saturday night when it rained. We scrambled outside and started working on them in the slight misty rain. It started raining a little more, but Eric kept working. I ended up standing on the ground watching w/ my umbrella. :D We spent the rest of the day watching football and napping and had pizza for a late afternoon lunch. Yummy!

Today we get to head to our new dentist. I'm excited b/c I know I'm overdue for a cleaning and I always love how it feels after they get cleaned, but I'm nervous, too b/c it's a new one.

On the TTC side of things...
I started taking my temp again this morning (98.5). Today is 13 DPO. I sure hope it stays up. I'm holding out lots of hope this time.

So tell me, oh wonderful internet readers, if you got the hcG shot, how did it affect your cycle? Did it make it longer or shorter or maybe you don't know b/c you are pregnant. I want to know! This is what I'm most curious about at the moment, besides the obvious, of course!

1 comment:

cat said...

The only side effects I noticed were mock pregger symptoms (mild nausea, boobs hurts etc.) for 7 days after the shot. That happened the first time. Now this time not so much. Of course I am also taking progesterone each day 2x so this might add to the symptoms.

Good luck!