Monday, October 03, 2005

Cycle 27

Today is CD 3. And to think that I might not end this last cycle? I knew I wasn't pregnant, but where was AF? I still don't know what caused the long cycle. I honestly think the shot had something to do with it, but no one seems to agree with me (at least in the medical profession). Anyway, lo and behold AF showed up Saturday. I should have started my clomid this morning but since it was the weekend, I wasn't getting a Rx. It bothered me for a minute and then I said O'well and went about my weekend. What's one day?

This morning I called the doc's office and explained my situation. They told me they'd call around and find a pharmacy that had clomid on hand so I could start it today. I also asked her to find out from Dr. S if I would be getting an U/S and hcG shot this month again.

She called me back later to let me know where I could pick up the Rx, so I guess I'll be taking it around lunch time this cycle. She also said that Dr. S didn't think it was necessary to do the U/S and shot this month. Fine with me although I felt at ease knowing I was being "monitored".

I am a little disappointed in Dr. S and his lack of progress. Even though I didn't like my previous fat, bald doc w/ zero bedside manners, he did nearly go into IF as a specialty and is still highly involved in it. I know he would have done a few IUIs before referring me on, too. I guess I can't dwell on the past, but I am looking forward to getting referred on if only to get some new insight and pick someone new docs brain. Maybe he can be of more help. Only 2 more cycles. No, I'm not assuming these next 2 cycles won't work, but I guess what I'm saying is that I'm ok with the idea of getting referred on, despite what we do for our next step(s).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so frustrating when you don't love your doctor. But it sounds like you have a plan, and that's always helpful. Good luck.

cat said...

Hoping that you will never need that referral. Why is it that these doctors don't have better bedside manner? They should have to attend psych training as well as medical training, just my opinion.

*crossing fingers* for you.