Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend of fondue, football, pea in a pod, shopping and a little rest

We had a nice weekend overall and I actually feel a little refreshed today. Friday night was lazy as usual. I slept in Saturday morning and it was wonderful. When I got up I cleaned the house, showered and began preparing some fruit for the chocolate fondue to be prepared later. My neighbors C & W came over shortly after 2 to watch the Purdue game. During the first quarter, C & I prepared our respective fondue (beer & cheese for hers and chocolate for mine). Unfortunately this was the first time using my electric fondue pot and I ended up burning it and had to throw it away. thankfully Eric saved the day and pulled something off the fly consisting of white chocolate, a variety of liquor, cocoa powder and lord knows what else. C's beer & cheese fondue was wonderful, however both Eric's & my stomachs were upset, but I think it might have been the beer. Not sure, but it was Y-U-M-M-Y! Eric's chocolate fondue was good, but very rich and we couldn't eat much of it. Towards the end of the game I had my first trick-or-treater. See pics
Caidence as a  Pea 10-29-05
Caidence as a Pea 10-29-05
Caidence as a Pea 10-29-05
Caidence 10-29-05

Yes, I got ANOTHER baby fix! She was just adorable to say the least. They didn't stay to long, but that was fine since my neighbors were there and Caidence was tired, too b/c they had been to a couple other family members houses and had pictures taken professionally.

Purdue lost as usual and C & W headed home. For some reason I was getting cabin fever, so Eric & I headed to BW3s to grab dinner and watch some football. After that we took a drive around campus to catch some costumed kiddies, but there weren't many people out.

Yesterday we got up and headed to the mall. Eric had to get a few things for his costume he's wearing to the bars tonight (I'll post pics at some point) and I wanted to check out some pointy-toed shoes. Did you hear that??? Yes, I'm getting some pointy-toed shoes. I found a pair of boots I fell in love with that I plan on going back to get later this week. Hopefully they are still there otherwise I'll have to find them on-line. Anyway, I've been steering clear of these shoes for quite some time, but now I'm really working on my feminine side, so I'm breaking down in the shoe area. They were lovlier than I originally thought and I'm sure I will add more in time.

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my sister. She was riding w/ her roomate to the hospital and needed a ride home. Let's just say she (the roomate) has a piercing that was "irriated" and now has infection in it. It is obviously serious b/c they admitted her and are keeping her for a few days. Yikes! After we picked Ash up we grabbed dinner, dropped her off and headed home. I worked on replacing a label on Eric's cowboy hat (part of costume) and then shortly after went to bed w/ a horrible headache. Ugh!

No comments: