Thursday, October 27, 2005

Therapy #7

Dr. A said right off the bat that she could tell I was still well. I must give off that vibe or something. We talked about my sleeping habits for a while and she still doesn't understand. Basically I wake up several times during the night, thus not getting a good nights sleep. I am not stressed or worrying about stuff, just wake up. When I wake up it's not for any reason (ie, dream, thoughts, etc). I normally go right back to sleep, too. I told her I attributed it to clomid b/c the problem really started around the time I started taking it. She looked in this big book, which has infor on all drugs and there wasn't a "side effect" of sleep disorders, but she said maybe I was in that 1% range they don't mention b/c it's such a small percentage. I didn't mention this to her, but my hair is falling since starting it, too. Again, I think it's a side effect.

We spent the last 15 minutes listening to this relaxation exercise I'm supposed to do every night before I go to bed. It is this man talking and taking you through steps of deep relaxation breathing. I don't think I'll listen to the tape, but I do think I'll try some deep breathing on my own. The tape actually gave me a dull headache and I took a nap when we got home instead of going to the gym. Ugh! I am a fairly shallow breather anyhow, so I imagine all that oxygen got to me, which caused the headache.

As a side note, I did get a good night's sleep last night. It had nothing to do with the relaxation technique though. Eric bought our oldest dog Krissy a new bed b/c she's nearly 11 years old and is showing signs of age. Anyhow, it came yesterday and she wasn't very interested in it for some reason. Godiva on the other hand decided that we secretly got the bed for her and took it over. She L-O-V-E-S it! Normally she sleeps w/ us at night and along with that normally get ups at least once in the middle of the night. Not only did she sleep on her new bed last night, but she didn't get up a single time. She wouldn't even get up this morning to go out and go potty. She is quite funny! I'm sure she'll enjoy it, but that only means we still have to find Krissy a new bed that she likes. Here's Godiva in her new bed.

Godiva
Godiva

P.S.
She visited the vet earlier this week and now weighs in at a whopping 85 pounds! We feed em' well at the ranch apparently. :D

No comments: