Tuesday, October 11, 2005

GWO 10 - Chicago

We had our quarterly GWO this weekend and it was quite eventful, fairly relaxing and a bit odd...

Friday morning I got up at the crack of dawn and headed toward the train station. Thankfully the train was on time and didn't have any major delays on the way up. I got in shortly before 11 am. Chadd (Danialle's hubby) picked me up and we went back to the house. I was exhausted, so I ended up taking a nap. Chadd took me to Wendy's to grab lunch and then a while later we headed to Pete's to get my hair cut. He styled my hair his own way (and not much like I WANTED) and while I do like it, he didn't thin it out, so now I have to make an appt in town to get it thinned. Aw well, the shampoo was wonderful and I love getting my hair styled, so it was ok. Chadd picked me back up and we headed down to pick up Danialle from the train station. We dropped Chadd off and headed home for a quick stop then on to the airport to get Jennifer. We got there early, so we decided a stop for coffee was a necessity. While waiting for Jennifer we noticed their luggage was already going around, so we decided to try to find hers and we did! She was quite surprised when she came walking up and we had her luggage. After hugs we headed back to the car and home. When we got home Jamie (Danialle's sister) had just finished up making pizzas and we were all starving. We chatted for a while then went to bed.

Saturday we got up pretty early and went to breakfast at Square Kitchen. It was quite yummy! Then we headed downtown to State St. for some serious window shopping. We had a ball trying on scarves w/ Jennifer, I got a shirt for $2.15 and we chatted the day away. Finally we were starving so we decided to head back to their neck of the woods and stopped at Garcia's for the biggest burritos and cokes ever! Then we headed home. When we got there Danialle had arranged for her friend Shelby, who is going to massage school, to give us full body massages. She was absolutely wonderful. She did it just the way I like it. She was very careful around my tattoo, too. While I was getting my massage Jennifer & Danialle were preparing for a birthday party for Jamie. It was Italian Pirate themed. They made cupcakes and put them in a treasure chest w/ gold coins on each. The italian part was the food. We had fettucine w/ yummy marinara sauce, pumpkin tortoleni in a mushroom sauce, cheese ravioli, chicken w/ some sort of breading, & cheesey bread. It was marvelous! We jammed to some music and chatted and the party started dying down around midnight. We girls were exhausted from our day of shopping so we went to lay in Danialle's bed and figured we get back up after everyone left and move to the air mattress. Well, Chadd decided not to wake us, so we slept in the bed all night while he tried to get comfy in the recliner. It was a nice (warm & cozy) sleep. :D

Saturday morning we got up and Danialle made us scrambled omlets and toast. I've never eaten anything in my eggs besides bacon, but it was quite good (minus the peppers). After that we got ready and headed down to get our pedicures. I decided to get a frech tip pedicure, which I later realized was more expensive, but it turned out lovely. However, the lady cut one of my toes and messed up my big toe which I already have problems with. I decided it wasn't a major deal and I would just fix it myself later. About the time we were getting done another lady convinced us to get eyebrow waxes. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I had done it before, but this turned into a nightmare!! As soon as she finished with mine there were bright red and felt like they were on fire. This happened the time before, but it faded and was fine. This time it just kept getting worse. Brighter red, bumps, a little swollen, the works. Apparently I was having a reaction or something, but it was terrible. I hoped it would get better through the day and tried not worrying about it too much. We grabbed lunch at Chipotle and then headed to Evanston and got our movie tix for "In Her Shoes". While we were waiting for the movie to start we went to a few shops around there. Finally we headed back to the theatre and watched a great movie! We even got a little teary eyed. After the movie we headed back and met Chadd, Jamie, and her boyfriend at a Thai restaurant and had dinner. After dinner we were walking back to the car and out of no where something came hauling ass at me and hit me near the pelvic region, sorta top of the leg where it bends. I swear I thought I got shot or something. I froze and then saw the egg drop to the sidewalk and break. I have no idea why it didn't break when it hit me b/c it had to be traveling at 30+ mph. It brought tears to my eyes, but I have no bruise or anything (surprisingly)! We think someone was trying to egg cars and missed and hit me. By this time I was ready to leave Chicago. Cut toe, sore big toe, fire eyebrows, now the egg. We headed back home and went through some photo albums then headed to bed.

We got up yesterday morning and gathered all of our belongings. We dropped Jennifer off at the airport and then headed to M'ville to meet Eric so he could pick me up. Overall it was a nice relaxing weekend w/ just a few speed bumps.

BTW - My eyebrows are still red and broke out, but are slowly getting better.

No comments: