Monday, March 27, 2006

CD 2

We got up this morning, got ready and headed to Indy. Right off the bat we realized we forgot the checkbook, so we did a u-y and ran back home. Thankfully we hadn't got very far. We got there around 10:15 and went up to the lab to get our blood drawn for FSH, E2 and LH. We were also supposed to pay our money, but the price the lab quoted was less than what Dr. B's office had quoted, so I wanted to make sure that was correct before I wrote a check. They tried calling Dr. B's office, but G was busy, so lab lady said we could just come back up and pay after our meeting with G. She took me back to the room and asked me if I have any problems getting my blood taken. I told her that I've been told my veins roll and she told me normally when people say that the nurses just aren't very experienced. I just laughed and said ok, but don't dig around in there... Well, guess what? My vein rolled and she missed and had to dig around. She was gentle about the digging though. It wasn't too bad. On our way out I asked when the results would get to Dr. B's office and she said 1:00. It was only 10:30.

We headed down to Dr. B's office and waited there for a bit before G called us back. We talked about a few things and she gave us 2 pages to fill out while she checked to see if the ultrasound room was free. She came back and said we could go on back for the u/s. I had figured I would be getting one of these. No biggy. She told me to undress and hop up on the table. She started with my uterus and said it looked great, taking a few measurements. Next was my left ovary, again great. Then over to the right side she said, "Oh, what's that doing there?" I panicked and asked what and she said I had a "huge residual cyst". I said obviously that's not good to which she confirmed. She went on to say that she needed to talk to Dr. B. We weren't out yet, but we might have to skip this month and get it next month. There were some options. I sat in there, by myself as Eric had stayed in the conference room, for what seemed like 20 minutes. (I'm sure it was maybe 5) Finally she came back in and said that in order to be excluded from the study it had to be 25mm. Mine was 23.2mm. However it would likely compromise the production of eggs on that side. They'd really like to aspirate it, but she had to make some calls and see if/when I could get it done for cheap. She told me to get dressed and meet her back down at the conference room. I wanted to start balling right then, but I maintained myself, got dressed and headed down the hall.

G was already talking to Eric and the look on his face made me even that much closer to breaking down, but we both were ok. She said to go ahead and finish some paperwork and she was going to make some calls. We had some options.

1) They could aspirate it
2) They could let it be
3) They could put me on B/C for a few weeks and then do IVF next month

She left us to think about it (and stare at the pic of this huge cyst I named F-er) and went to make some phone calls.

Finally she came back and said that she was still making calls and we should go grab lunch and come back. That way they would have my blood work back and really everything was really contingent on what those numbers were.

Lunch sucked. I didn't know what to say. I was in shock. I tried to keep positive, b/c it wasn't over yet, but I just felt horrible. We grabbed lunch at this little pub down the road and headed back.

When we got back they were finishing up lunch so we waited a bit then G came for us. First thing out of her mouth was "It's a go". It didn't even sink in what she meant by it. She said my levels had come back great (FSH-8.9, E2-28, LH-6.7) They decided the cyst was non-functioning and that it should disolve itself. They were going to keep an eye on it though. BIG RELIEF!!!

So onwward we went. We signed a bunch of documents, went over the injections and training and talked about what was going to happen. We also let her know we want to do the accupuncture so they are going to get that scheduled. We start injections tomorrow and go back on Sunday for more blood work and an u/s. The u/s' will continue through next week. Retreival will be 4/8 and transfer on 4/11. And to add to the excitement our 3 year wedding anniversary is 4/12!!

<<<----I'm adding a timeline over in the sidebar to track all this, too.

This cycle is a GO!!! Yay!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad to hear it all worked out today. Hopefully the drugs aren't too hard on you and that mean old cyst doesn't keep you from making lots of eggs!

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful! I'm glad everything worked out. April 8th is so close, I can't believe how fast this will happen!! Good luck E, I'll be praying for you!