Monday, March 06, 2006

What to do, what to do???

I have just today been presented a crossroad... My old job has opened back up... It is still currently at the lower level, but they are checking into upgrading it to a higher level (just for me). The new level would definitely including web duties, which I did before, but not to the extent it would be now.

I really like my current job b/c of the interaction with the students. However it isn't any more or less challenging than my old job.

The potential is that a girl in that office would take maternity leave and not come back and I could essentially move right into that position, which is basically what I do now.

The risk is that the department is in major debt and currently under review. A previous similar department just went through this and laid off several people. I could be in that situation. It's unlikely with some of the new duties I would have, but it is a possibility.

I'm not sure about pay either. I would want a little more money and I don't know if this is an option. I suppose if they want me bad enough it would be an option though. And yes they want me back, I'm certain of that...

I guess I'll see what happens in the next few days... Wish me luck. I know the decision will be clear when all the options are presented to me.

As if I needed one more thing to think about with all that's going on in my life right now...

No comments: