Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today I turn 27. Wow! I don't feel old, however I do feel a bit older. I enjoy birthdays, but this year I just don't seem quite as excited about it. Probably b/c I have a ton of other things to keep me quite occupied. Today is a windy, rainy day but my grams told me last night that the weather was the same some 27 years ago.

For my birthday I got the following so far:

*Kitchen Aid Food Processor
*Trail Shoes
*Pedicure
*Mullah $$ (with which I purchased a 2 new shirts)
*Several Cards
*DQ Ice Cream Cake (yummy!)

Now a few fun things...

Your Birth Month is March

You love life and exude an outgoing, cheerful vibe.
Blessed with a great sense of humor, you can laugh at adversity.

Your soul reflects: Respect, desire, and generosity

Your gemstone: Aquamarine

Your flower: Daffodil

Your colors: White and light blue


What happened in 1979...
*Jimmy Carter is president of the US
*A major accident occurs at a nuclear reactor on Three Mile Island near Middletown, PA
*An American Airlines DC-10 loses its engine and crashes seconds after takeoff, killing 275 people
*Hurricane David kills over 1200 in the US and the Dominican Republic
*Some 90 people, including 63 Americans, are taken hostage at the American Embassy in Tehran, Iran
*The Soviet Union invades Afghanistan
*ESPN starts broadcasting
*Aaliyah, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Norah Jones, Heath Ledger, and Kate Hudson are born
*Pittsburgh Pirates win the World Series
*Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl XIII (ironically a repeat in 2006, too)
*Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup
*Kramer vs. Kramer is the top grossing film
*Sophie's Choice by William Styron is published
*"My Sharona" by The Knack spends the most time at the top of the US charts
*The Facts of Life premiers (I'm knee deep in them myself right now...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the most beautiful and wonder woman I know.

Your Secret Admirer

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. T.!! Hope year 27 is good to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

cat said...

Happy Birthday to You! :)

ooooooh a secret admirer *giggle*

Milenka said...

Happy Birthday, Erica!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you!