Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My records have been received... Eric's, oops... **updated**

Finally I confirmed with Dr. B's office that all of my records have been received. Unfortunately they forgot Eric's bloodwork, so I made an urgent call to Dr. S's office who said they would fax it out today. I just hope they follow through. So here's the breakdown of all of the information I got today...

- Apparently my pap came back abnormal or ASCUS (atypical cells of undetermined significance), which they then tested for HPV as routine procedure. Thankfully that came back negative, so we are in the clear. Apparently another patient had the same thing and they cleared them, so there won't be any problem with mine.

-Gonorrhea & Chlamydia test came back negative/fine.

-My blood work-up came back fine.

-I am a type A- blood type. This is vital information to know. Basically if Eric is A+ then we have a 50/50 percent of our baby being A+. If it is a + then my body would produce antibodies that would reject it and I could miscarry. If I miscarried then I need to let whoever does my D&C know I am A- and they will give me a shot, which has antibodies so I won't reject future pregnancies. Unfortunately they don't normally do this until after you miscarry. Although from some research I've done on-line it looks like they might be able to give me small doses of the shot at certain points in the pregnancy, too. So it doesn't seem to be quite as scary as when I was first told, but still a little scary. I guess I understand the whole idea of it, but it's sorta confusing, so if anyone else has anymore information or is in the same situation, please e-mail me or leave a comment.

We also went over where I was at in my cycle again. As I think I said before G is going to be gone this weekend. Here's a breakdown of possibilities of start dates. Of course all this really depends on when AF decides to show...

-If I start Thursday morning it would be CD 1, then we would go to Dr. B's office on Friday for bloodwork, drugs & training.

-If I start Thursday afternoon/evening, they would consider Friday CD 1. We'd go down on Friday for drugs & training and back on Saturday for bloodwork.

-If I start Friday morning, again it would be CD 1 and we'd go down that afternoon for drugs & training and then back again on Saturday for blood work.

-If I started Friday afternoon (making Saturday CD 1) or later we'd go down on CD 2 for bloodwork and go back in Monday morning for drugs & training.

Obviously the best would be to make a single trip for both meaning I'd need to start sometime Thursday or Friday morning. I guess we'll see how that plays out. Maybe for once AF will arrive early and please us all.

I think I covered it all. We talked about so much and my brain is overwhelmed right now. Back to sitting and waiting on my period...

**Updated to add**
G called back this evening and she got Eric's blood work. Hooray for a fast response at Dr. S's office. Anyway, everything on him came back fine and we found out he is O+.

I asked her a little more about the A- thing and she said it won't make me miscarry my first pregnancy. They just need to know in case I start showing signs of rejection. Also regardless I will get the shot when I deliver because if the baby is '+', then I will have already built up some antibodies that could effect future pregnancies. I'm relieved that it won't directly affect my first pregnancy. She understood my concern and questions, so that was good, too. :D

3 comments:

Milenka said...

I'm glad it all got straightened out, E. I've got all sorts of positive thoughts swimming around over here,a nd I'm saving some for your cycle. :-)

x said...

Hi - I am a fellow IF Bitch, I just found your link at Twisted Ovaries.
I have negative blood too and hubbie is postive so I will need the RX (I think it's called) shot too. I don't think it causes any problems, just as long as they know your blood is negative (and let's hope that's the only negative!!!)

Anonymous said...

I had to have the rogham shot when I miscarried last year. I'm A- too, and the hubs is O +. Hopefully having the shot done last year, will remain effective this year.