Friday, March 10, 2006

Still rather boring...

I've thought about what I can talk about this afternoon and really it doesn't amount to much, so I'll just ramble a bit...

* We had dinner for my birthday last night at a Japanese*Steakhouse. We had the entire place to ourselves! It was quite nice. I got Chicken & Shrimp Teriyaki, Veggies & Fried Rice and it was wonderful.

* I got the cutest birthday card from my niece. She signed my card w/ her footprints. How sweet!

* We are still going through some tests before we are officially "IN" for the study. Hopefully I can share a little more with you next week. I've got to work out a few details. Wish me luck b/c tomorrow I go for a BIG test in the morning. Hopefully they say everything is perfect and give us the big "All Clear".

* I'm sorry I'm keeping you in suspense about this study. I feel weird talking about it until we are officially in. Even then I won't tell you the twist of it b/c it's so new. Let's say if I do a search on X, I find less than 10 results. I am keeping a journal tracking the "whole story" that I hope to post later, probably in a couple months. Mostly I just don't want to jinx ourselves. I hope you can forgive me for the time being.

* My co-worker (the one who "doesn't acknowledge Halloween") is on vacation all next week. I'm trying to be a little nicer b/c she did give me a $20 gift certificate to Star*buck's for my birthday...

* Still don't know anything about my old job. Hoping to hear something more next week. They definitely want me back, just not sure on all the details and if its going to be worth my while to go back.

* Sunday we are meeting my in-laws for my birthday. I really have had a whole week of celebrating this year. Considering it started last Saturday w/ a dinner at my Dad's and is going through this Sunday w/ lunch w/ my inlaws. Yay! Love Birthdays!

*I've been working on eating healthier and exercising more. Eating healthier is going pretty well. Exercising is not going so good b/c we've just been so busy. I know as soon as the weather changes the exercising will change, too. Recently I decided to stop eating red meat altogether. And the only pork I eat is in sausage gravy, but I think I can find turkey sausage to even substitute that. So essentially I eat turkey, chicken, and the occassional fish. I also am trying really hard not to eat fast food. So far it's going pretty good. I think I've only eating fast food a couple of times in the last 3 weeks or so. That's not bad. I'm feeling better in general. I'm s-l-o-w-l-y shedding a few pounds, too. I'm trying to be realistic about it, too and make it fit into our lifestyle, which includes eating out a few times a week. It's slow going, but it will come off. I have no doubt. And as long as I don't gain anything I'm fairly content with where I'm at. I say fairly b/c is anyone ever content with their weight? Ugh!

Ok, enough of my ramblings. Hope you all have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I hope your test went well and you had a wonderful birthday!