Tuesday, April 04, 2006

CD 10 *updated*

We have returned from another eventful scan. G actually did the scan this time and didn't go through all the measurements and things. I was dissappointed and kept asking questions, but she said we'd go over them in the consult room. She did say they wanted them to be around 20mm for retrieval. The scan itself was pretty uneventful and fast. I changed and we met her over in the consult room.

She took two pictures, one of each side of several small follicles that they didn't measure. Basically I have 6 big ones on each side making a totall of 12. The monster from Sunday's scan is up to 29mm now. The 11 remaining range from 9-16 mm. She said it is likely that Dr. B will reduce my Gonal-F down to 75iu and we might retrieve on Sunday or Monday depending on Thursday's scan rather than Saturday. That's not confirmed yet as they will also wait on my blood levels before making the final decision. We got back on Thursday - 8:00 Blood work & 8:15 Dr. B.

I'm to continue taking the FSH twice a day and the cetrotide once a day unless otherwise indicated.

*updated to add*

G just called. My blood levels are good. She said to keep up w/ 150iu of Gonal-F morning and night, Cetrotide once a day. She said if she was going to Vegas she'd bet on retrieval Saturday. Woohoo! Sooo.... 4 Days til Retrieval!

7 comments:

soralis said...

Sounds like you are almost there. Take care and wishing you the best!

x said...

You are right on track. 29mm? That would be one big baby - lol.
Soralis stole my new line - I wish you the best (I've had it with hope).

YouGuysKnow said...

super! only 4(ish) days to go. so a 29mm cyst is just about 3cm. i was postponed a month because of a 2cm cyst. remind me, was your "monster" present before you even started stimming? keep up the good follicle growing!

YouGuysKnow said...

p.s.
ok i just went back and re-read. i see now fromyour scan on sunday... these cysts can really grow, eh? is it bothering you at all? i can't feel this 2cm one at all. but recently i had one that was 6cm and that one was uncomfortable. i do NOT heart cysts.

Anonymous said...

Go folicles, go folicles!! I am wishing you all the best :)http://purplepear.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Oh, Erica, you don't even know how much I am thinking & praying for you & Eric! I've been following your blog for a long time now & know what a long journey you've been through. I wish you the very best!

Milenka said...

Dude, it's driving me crazy to wait with you! :-) Seriously, I'm all about putting the good vibes out there for you, sweetie! 4 days!!!