Friday, April 14, 2006

CD 20

H0-hum day. I had to go back to work today. Boo! Hiss!! We should have this holiday off, but "if they observe X religious holiday then they must observe Y & Z, too..." Of course they do observe MLK, jr, but not president's day for god's sake. Anyway, the point is that I don't want to be here! I shouldn't complain though b/c it is only 1 day of a 5-day work week.

I was this.close to crying this morning. Yes, I'm super bloated and already feel like I'm about 4 months pregnant, but it never really occurred to me that I couldn't wear my low-rise dress pants....until I put the damn things on... Yea there was no way I could get them buttoned let alone be at least a bit comfy all day. I panicked and woke Eric up. Then I scoured through my "Drawer o' pants". Lo and behold I found a single pair of linen drawstring pants. They were wrinkled to all hell, but were iron-able (is that a word?). Praise the heavens above! I immediately told Eric we had to go to Target or anywhere else tonight and find me a couple of pairs of pants to get me through for the time being. It was not an option. I can't wear this single pair of pants every day! Plus we have 2 family things this weekend. Ugh! I tried checking Target on-line, but couldn't find any hits on "elastic dress pants"! Imagine that. I may even have to hit the "older" women's section. I'm ok with that though. When I say older I mean like all my grandma's wear elastic waist pants. It's actually a great idea as they are fairly expandable.

So I had to go to work today. My desk was, of course, piled high. Thanksfully I'm so damn proficient and organized that it took me only about an hour to get through everything. Then on to reading the news, blogs, etc. My nosey co-worker G asked me some questions and I answered some of them. She asked me twice when I'll find out if I'm pregnant or not and I just said, "in about 2 weeks". She knows that I know the exact day, but I'll be damned if I'm telling her. She said to keep her posted, but I don't intend on it.

Then she started asking me about my new job... I can't remember if I told you this or not, but she's nosey... Yea well before I gave my notice she e-mailed someone in my soon-to-be department pumping them for info on me (interview, offer, etc.) The person came straight to me b/c she's not all gossip-y and stuff. So here she is asking me all these questions and me fully knowing she already knows the answers. I swear that I wanted to tell her she should confess her sins on Sunday at church b/c I don't think God would be very happy about her lying & deception and I wanted to explain the HIPA rules to her, too since she's always preaching them, but I didn't. I just smiled and half-answered her questions.

Oh can you tell I've got a little pissiness to go along with the bloating? Yea, not a good combination.

The progesterone thing... Yea I just love shooting those up my ho-ha morning and night. Makes me feel like jumping Eric's bones, too. Poor guy! I noticed that it's starting to come back out a little, too. Icky. (Sorry TMI!) From what I've read and what they told me in the Dr.'s office this is normal. I had just hoped I would be one of those people that never saw a trace of it once it was inserted... No suck luck

In other news my mom is having Easter at her house tomorrow... This is such a touchy subject anyway, but needless to say "I'm calling in sick tomorrow morning". Eric & I both agreed I don't need to have any of the stress during such a crucial time in my cycle. See they would gossip non-stop about each other non-the-less. Then they would talk about my cousin J who just got married and only b/c she's pregnant, blah, blah, blah (grrr...) And I'd have to get mad and yell and defend my poor cousin J b/c I love her and while she did get pregnant on accident and they did get married right away, I truly believe that they would have gotten married regarless. They are happy and in love and I think they made the best decision. In fact I've already point blank told my mom not to bring it up to me that I didn't want to hear it. I think she's brought it up 2 of the 3 times I've talked to her since...

Ok, have a Happy Easter everyone! I'm going back to news & blogs...

6 comments:

Milenka said...

I hope you have a great weekend, sweetie! Good luck on the pant search! I own pants in both one size and two sizes up from what I wear, and they're all too tight right now. The bloating is ridiculous, isn't it?

soralis said...

Hope you have a good weekend. Don't knock the Granny Pants till you try them, can you believe they are actually comfy... just no polyester! LOL (I had to wear them after abdominal surgery once). Hope the bloating goes away and you feel better soon.

Take care and wishing you the best during your 2ww

x said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
x said...

sorry, had to delete my comment - too many spelling errors in the middle of the night.

I think the only bad thing (is there really?) about IVF working is that you have to keep taking the pussy pops. Granny pants sound like a good idea. I have some fat pants in the closet. A dress sounds nice, wouldn't touch the waist at all!

islandarts said...

You shouldn't have to search too long and hard to find something nice with elastic waist- I should know my closet is FULL of that kinda stuff.

I hope your easter weekend is a nice one!

Mel said...

The good news is the swelling is temporary. Mine lasted about 3 weeks and I had OHSS. Then all went back to normal.

I hope you love your new job! Take it easy and don't let the stress mongers get to you.