Friday, April 07, 2006

CD 13

So let me recap what happened yesterday. I started working on a post while I was waiting on Dr. B's office to call. It was all perfect and ready to just add times when I got the call. I was in shock that I don't even remember all the conversation. Nurse L went over my blood work with me and said my estradiol had spiked and increased about 1000. I didn't really know what this meant. Then she said Dr. B wanted me to continue taking my medication for 1 more day and come in for a scan on Friday morning. I asked if this included my cetrotide because I didn't have any more. She said yes and that we would need to come down as soon as possible to get it and take it. She put me on hold for a long time while they tried to figure out where I could pick up the Cetrotide because their office was actually closed. Finally she came back on and said we could pick it up on the ER. So as soon as I got off work at 5 we sped back down to Indy and picked it up. Even shot up in the hospital of the parking lot. After that we grabbed dinner as we were both starving. We ate at this mexican restaurant called "Cancun". Then we headed home. I was exhausted and barely made it through "Survivor". I was in bed my 9:00.

I didn't sleep very well last night at all. I am getting so uncomfortable and just toss and turn. Around 3 am a storm started brewing and our black dog hates them so she started whining and being a baby. At one point she got up in our bed and slept between my legs with her head on my belly. Godiva was between Eric & I and had her head on my belly, too. Finally around 4 am I couldn't take it any longer or more Eric couldn't take it any longer and moved the dogs to the living room. I did get a little sleep between then and 6 when we got up.

Our trip down was uneventful as usual. We waited in the waiting room for a bit before Nurse A called us back. I got undressed, hopped up on the table, put my feet in the stirrups and laid back on the bed. Then asked Eric to dim the lights. It feels much better lying down. Nurse A came in and was a little surprised we had already dimmed the lights. As soon as she got over to me I asked her to explain what was going on b/c we were confused. She basically said I could have probably went on Saturday, but there are a couple of us going at the same time and they needed another day, so they went ahead and pushed me back to Sunday as well. I assumed this was the reason. She did the scan and the follies had definitely grown just since yesterday. The left side had 5 that were between 18-20, which is where they need to. She said there were several that were just under that could very well catch up by tonight's trigger shot. On the right side there were 7 between 18-20 and again several that were just under that could very well catch up. After the u/s we headed over to the consultation room and went over pre-op again since everything was bumped back a day. She even gave me a day's worth of meds to take home just in case, but she was 100% they weren't needed. She said she'd call me this afternoon w/ the trigger time tonight and retrieval time on Sunday.

After we left there we went up for a quick and final blood draw just to check my levels and headed home. I spent the afternoon taking a nap, too.

About 3:15 Nurse A called with the details, which are as follows:
*Friday - 8:30 pm - Take 2 Pre-filled syringes of HCG
*Saturday - Nothing to eat or drink after midnight!
*Sunday - 7:15 am - Be at Hospital - I will register, Eric is to go directly to lab for collection.
*8:30 am - Retrieval


I'm guess I'm the first one on the list, but that's ok. I'll be done first, too. :D She also said that I would be doing the 3 hcg booster shots (day of transfer, 2 days later, 2 more days later), too. So this means I'm not done with shots for a little while, but that's ok, too.

Tonight I go for my massage at 5:00 pm and tomorrow Eric has insisted I be pretty much on bed rest.

Wow...It's SO real now. Like really real!!

Funny thing Eric said... On our way home we were talking about how nice it is out. He mentioned that he'd love to go for a bike ride, but didn't think we should because he didn't want anything to happen to me or our eggs. I told him I'd be fine and that sounded like a good idea. He said that all of our eggs were in one basket, me, and he didn't want anything to happen to his basket. Aaaawwww... He's so sweet. If it's not storming when I get back from my massage I think we should at least talk the dogs for a walk!

7 comments:

Milenka said...

Oh, the hopes I have for a couple of those eggs! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm on pins and needles my dear!! Of course, not nearly as much as you are, but still. I wish you the very, very best this weekend. And let that sweet man of yours take care of you. Here's some assvice that this time makes more sense....RELAX. :)

cat said...

Very exciting. Good thoughts are with you and all crossables are crossed for an easy procedure and some very good news on the horizon.

x said...

what a great report. I can't wait to hear how many they get. I wishing for you!

soralis said...

Good luck on Sunday!

Take care

Lisa said...

Oh, what a sweet thing for your hubby to say!

I am so hopeful for you, Erica! Good luck on Sunday!!!!

YouGuysKnow said...

wahoooo!! sounds like the eggs are getting "ripe";) i also wish you the very best for saturday and sunday and enjoy the relax time. this is very exciting! don't forget to post soon as you can.