Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm changing jobs!!

This week has been so crazy. A position opened up in my old department. This isn't my actual old job that I talked about a few weeks ago, but the job that I REALLY wanted. So obviously I applied for it. I got a call on Monday for an interview. We ended up having the interview 5:00 pm on Tuesday. The whole interview was actually comical. One of the professors I used to work for was doing the interviewing along w/ my old boss. Basically as soon as we got started he asked me when I could start! I asked him if didn't want to go over any of the job or what? He went over the briefest description ever lasting, oh...maybe 2 minutes and then said "When can you start?" He is hilarious. So we went over some other things, the professor left the room and said see you in a little over 2 weeks. (All that took about 15 minutes.) I sat and talked to my old boss, D for another 45 minutes. We talked about salary and raises for a bit then just gossiped about some recent events. I just love her!

So yesterday about 4:50 pm, I got a call and she e-mailed me my offer letter. It was for more money than we had originally talked about and I was stoked! She told me to talk to Eric and let her know whenever. Of course I signed it as soon as it got done printing, then got started on my resignation letter to my current bosses.

Today after we got back from the Dr.'s office I stopped over there and accepted my new job. I will have my own office even. No more cubicles. Unfortunately it doesn't have a window, but that's ok. I'll live. The great part is that I'll still be working with the students and not "being someone's secretary". I'm so glad I got away from that. Yucky! The funny part is that I came in late to work today and am giving them my notice this afternoon, then taking tomorrow and Monday through Wednesday of next week off. ha ha ha It's really not that funny, but yea... well, it really is. What am I saying?!

I'll update about today's ultrasound as soon as I get the final details this afternoon!

No comments: