Thursday, April 06, 2006

CD 12 - Complete with Bunny ears and a cotton tail!!

Last night I believe my eggs had a massive growth spurt. I started feeling very bloated and tender. I've been wearing my pants as low as possible on my belly. Oh and my breasts are quite tender, too. I even tossed and turned more in bed because I just couln't get comfy.

Blood work was a little different this morning. She pulled out this butterfly thing and I was confused so I asked her why she she was drawing it different this time. She said that I was getting 2 vials drawn. Again I asked why. She said the second vial was for pre-op. Hooray! I said draw away and stuck out my arm!! I'm getting super excited and anxoius now. I even did a little squeel telling Eric about it although he overheard it anyway. Next stop, Dr. B's office.

G was not in this office today, so we got Nurse A. I hopped up on the table and we got started. My uterus lining measured at 8.7 and she said they like it to be at 8, so mine was good. Next over to my left ovary. The monster stood out right away. He measured in at a whopping 36 mm. Besides that one I had 11 others they measure between 15-20 mm. They like to retrieve them at about 20 mm and they grow 2-3 mm per day) They only have room to measure 12 on each side, but there were definitely more that were a little smaller. Next she wondered over to the right side. Again there were several. She measured 10 between 15-20 and again there were several smaller ones she didn't even measure. So final count is 22+ FOLLICLES! Eric has dubbed me the Easter bunny and let me say that my easter basket is overflowing! Dr. B will have a lot of eggs during his hunt on Saturday. hee hee

Next we went over to the consultation room and met with Nurse L. Very sweet lady! She went over some paperwork, my trigger shot, the progesterone, retrieval, transfer, etc., etc. This was all the pre-op stuff, so we don't have to come back tomorrow. We got our trigger shots and enough progesterone to get us through Beta #1 today and before we left Nurse L HUGGED me and told me good luck. I nearly melted into tears. (I'm getting a touch emotional now.) That was so sweet of her and I had never even met her before.

So where are we now you ask?????

I got a call at 4:30 that we need to take meds one more day. I don't have any more Cetrotide, so we have to drive back down to Indy (1 hr each way). Go back Friday for a 9:00 am scan. NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON... On my way out the door. Likely to push back retrieval 1 day, so Sunday...

3 comments:

soralis said...

Sounds like you are progressing well. Near retrieval it drove me crazy not knowing exactly what day until the last minute!!

Good luck

Anonymous said...

All very exciting!! Good luck with the next scan.

And congratulations on your new job. That's awesome!!!

YouGuysKnow said...

oooohhh!! that's a lot of follicles! you are indeed the easter bunny (that is so cute!) may all those follies contain ripe little egglets.

that's so nice that the nurse gave you a hug, isn't it? there should be more people in the world like that - a touch of kindness/compassion makes the biggest difference doesn't it?

Good luck and keep postng - we'll be checking in on you!