Monday, April 10, 2006

CD 16 - Fertilization Report

The biologist called around 11 this morning. We had 5 of 11 show signs of fertilization. I think this is a good number. That is exactly what my goal was so I'm happy. You might notice that I said "of 11" and yesterday I said 10 and 10... I have no idea where that extra one snuck in and didn't think to ask until after I got off the phone. ha ha ha As my friend Jennifer said, it must have been a sale, "Buy 20, get 1 free". We probably won't know anything about those 5 until Wednesday. They won't be transferred back into me either, unless god forbid, none of 1-10 fertilize inside the device. But I highly doubt that will happen. My goal for the device is 5 of 10 as well, so hopefully we get our wish there, too.

I got super sick last night, but I think it's the pain medicine, so I'm not taking any more. I had already been taking a minimal dosage anyway. I'm just going to stick to extra strength tylenol now. I was feeling pretty crampy, but I'm actually feeling better now. I still feel bloated, but that's normal, so I'm not worried about it. I just need to make sure I'm getting lots of fluids.

I will get a call this afternoon from Dr. B's office for the time of my transfer on Wednesday. Hopefully they can tell me about the extra egg, too. They might not know though.

And in case you missed it when I first shared all this information with all of you this is the article that tells you a little about the device and process. I'd be happy to answer any questions though. Oh and I do not feel the device inside me at all. It's similar to wearing a tampon except when they put it in, they turn it horizontal and put it up next to your cervix then put a diaphram in to hold it in place. So I'm incubating for 3 days. :D

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How exciting!! I've been reading your blog and really enjoy it, as we've been ttc for 2 yrs.

YouGuysKnow said...

ah! thanks for the link to the article. fascinating. that's great news about the 5 fertilized so far. hopefully there are a few more in the "internal incubator" :) keep posting!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the transfer!

x said...

OMG! I am just getting caught up. That is so cool, I have never heard of that. I am amazed! Science never fails to amaze!