Monday, April 17, 2006

CD 23

Weekend Update

Overall our weekend was pretty good. Friday night I was exhausted from work. We grabbed dinner and I was able to find some cute drawstring crop pants at Target for $9.99 EACH! I snatched up 3 pair! After we got home the weather was wonderful so I opened the windows. A storm was brewing and we were watching the radar. At one point several of our neighbors, including us were standing outside just watching the storm roll in when the tornado siren went off. Come to find out it was for an area north of us and we were fine. We watched a huge storm cell coming towards us and then break up and go around us. This was good for us, but the part that went below us hit my hometown fairly hard. I was on the phone with my nanny when my papaw yelled he heard a train whistle so she gave me her last goodbyes and hung up. We can joke about this now as they were safely in their basement and only had some limbs down. I called my dad in a panic though. Finally the storm seemed to move out of their area and head east and finally was out of my family's way. I called me dad back and found out that they had lost a huge pine tree in their front yard. The funny thing is I had mutilated this tree when I was young trying to make a fort or something, so while it was a pine tree it was missing about the bottom 5 feet of branches, so it was the ugliest damn tree you ever saw!

Saturday we got up early and I actually felt great! I even decided that the gorgeous weather was calling and couldn't stay inside any longer. I went outside and cleaned up around my magnola tree. For some reason the weeds there are terrible. Anyway, after I got this looking nice I realized that I shouldn't be pulling anymore weeds, but I did pick up some dead foilage around the house. Eric & I had made a deal (sort of) that I wouldn't over-do it and I could just leave piles around the yard and he would pick them up when I was done. It was wonderful to be outside. Of course I got in trouble because I did over-do it a tiny bit and was feeling quite bloated and tired when I got done. It was worth it though.

Saturday evening we went down to my grandparent's house for dinner. We haven't seen them since Christmas so it was nice to see them and the rest of the family, too. I also got to play with my cute little neice who is doing much better now. I just love that kid to pieces.

Sunday was a lazy Easter. I wanted to go outside, but I couldn't do anything in the front yard because Eric had put down fertilizer, so I merely just walked around and surveyed my flowers and pond and such. Now that I think about it, I should have taken pictures and given you a little photo story. (I'll try do that soon.) It was nice just hanging out on the couch and cuddling with my puppy and relaxing. Of course the evening ended on a bad note or at least with a major bump in the road. I sat down on the floor to breathe and do some stretching, but my little Godiva decided it was play time, so I spent about 45 minutes playing with her and went to bed. Oh and Eric came in and rubbed my back and shoulders while I tried to get to sleep.


**Note about Yesterday's Post:
I apologize for those of you loyal and supportive readers that read my blog. Please understand that it was for that sole reader and I love the rest of you unconditionally. (Well, unless you stab me in the back, too. ha ha) While I am still hurt and angry about it, it doesn't surprise me in the least that it happened the way it did. This woman will never learn her lesson and maybe I did stoop to her level my calling her out on my blog, but it is MY BLOG and MY THOUGHTS and honestly, I feel better about it. So please don't bother leaving me hateful comments or messages, b/c they will be deleted immediately. I hope she realizes the hurt she's caused by putting her nose where it didn't belong. And if the problem continues I will be forced to go password protected for my own sake. From this point forward this will not be talked about again.

:D

2 comments:

soralis said...

Sounds like a wonderful day outside.

Take care

YouGuysKnow said...

easy on the gardening there, Mrs T :)
HUGS TO YOU!